gsxr modifications for a gs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gsxr modifications for a gs

This is going to the extreme has anyone ever put a gsxr motor onto a gs frame and got it to work. just wondering the possibilities being i got a cheap rolling setup and a lead on a cheap gsxr motor thats fuel injected. any clear issues. itsa 600 motor with only 115 horse which shouldn't be too much for the frame to handle and less torque than a factory gs 750. anythought let me know.

Here you go. This was an 1100 motor stuffed into an '83 frame.

Comment

I've done it a few times with 600 750 1100 & b12 oil cooled engines its all pretty simple with those but doubt it would be as easy with a watercooled engine + theres all that messy pipework to contend with

the gs gsx frame will take a fair amount of power with mild bracing anyway so i wouldnt worry about that too much

Comment

The big difference in transplanting an air/oil cooled motor vs a water cooled later generation motor is the direction of the carbs and intake manifolds. The Air/oil cooled motors had the carbs and intake manifolds coming in from the back of the head just like the air cooled GS motors. The newer GSXR motors have the carbs and manifolds coming virtually straight down from above the head. That's why the air box on the newer bikes is tucked up under the tank and why the frame rails run around the outside of the motor. You will likely have a tough time packaging the intake system on a newer motor into the older style backbone frames. But of course, anything can be accomplished with enough effort.

Tracy

Comment

Here's one for sale:

79 GS1000S
          79 GS1000S (another one)
          80 GSX750
          80 GS550
          80 CB650 cafe racer
          75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
          75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Originally posted by hampshirehog View Post
            Good grief.. if it's even close to the 175 BHP he lists what a freaking beast!

Comment

That bike is OIL cooled, NOT water cooled. Ray.

Comment

Hmmm thats a K.L.or M engine in that link theres no list of engine work or performance upgrades & those engines put out around 130/140 bhp at the wheel as stock

I smell something remarkably like bulls*"t there

Comment

Working...
                X