Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 77 750 Cafe finally sees a little road time..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, ah, you selling the VH then?

Comment

Originally posted by Shaughn View Post
      So, ah, you selling the VH then?
      Yanno, i half assumed that question would soon follow...lol. At the present, No. I have a mind to use it on my 1100G. But, part of me simply wants to keep that bike stock. I have two personalities you see...one that wants to turn that 1100G into a mean, gas eating muscle machine. And then one that wants to keep it completely stock, as it runs and looks so damn good. And it sounds good too, aside from the slight exhaust leak around the header joint that i have YET to order the damn joint material for. These two personalities war inside my head on a daily basis. Thus far, its been a stalemate, which in reality, leaves the "good side" (the one that says leave it stock) winning, because as long as its a stale mate, i havent really done anything, other than some minor carb tweeking.

The pipe itself is in imaculate condition, aside from some SLIGHT bluing at the very top of the headers, which will likely come off with one of those "blu-be-gone" products. I JUST put a brand new baffle and packing in it, and the chrome is in impecable shape. If i WERE to sell it, I would ask 220 OBO for it, considering a BRAND NEW one is nearly 300, and this practically is. So, if you, or anyone else for that matter is SERIOUS about wanting it, you may be able to suade me into selling it, and calling a cease fire to the battle in my head...lol...for now anyway. If the Evil side were ever to start winning, all that needs done is to re-arm with a new one...lol..

Comment

Sweet bike! Personally, I like the exhaust hanger. Very industrial and gives it that "oh yeah, I did it myself" look.

Comment

Sounds like you need another 1100G. Or is the current one doomed when the GK arrives?
          Dogma
          --
          O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
          '80 GS850 GLT
          '80 GS1000 GT
          '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by Dogma View Post
            Sounds like you need another 1100G. Or is the current one doomed when the GK arrives?
            Still dunno. I had thought "Well, when i get the GK, THEN the evil speed monsters in my head can win, and we'll go crazy on the 1100G, since the GK is more of a long haul bike anyway." But, the 1100G is so smooth and nice and quietly powerfull. I think if i pop a DynoJet kit in there (because its simply easier than what we went thru trying to get some washers that matched up in the carb needles...sheesh) just use stage one and leave everything else stock, that bike will have all the performance and power i could want. I DO like the nice burble and smooth wooosh of a 4into1, but these pipes sound good too. So, as you can see, there is still battles to be fought up there in that mellon of mine...lol Maybe, one day when the stock exhaust is worn out, I might throw a 4into1 on it. Then again, I could do it tomorrow...who knows. LOL

Comment

Working...
            X