Offsets for 4.5 and 5.5 answers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by katman View Post

520's will work fine if you get one with low enough tensile strength.
    I hope you meant high enough

Comment

No, I meant low enough. If you get the highest tensile is it will be wider than the 530 chain.
      KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Comment

Originally posted by katman View Post
        YOu didn't hear that from me. SRAD's came out in 96. I have always said to use the gs carrier as its a couple mm closer the center than the gsxr.

Katman,
        My mistake! You are right! After re-reading one of your old emails, You said that it looks I have an 83 1100 rear wheel and armless caliper that only came with the 1100's. The spacer needed for the rear wheel is different than the one you use for the standard wheel with standard caliper and arm. I knew I recall you saying something about my wheels being different than standard wheels. Yes, I did take your advice though and used the GS carrier.
        Last edited by Guest; 07-29-2008, 01:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by liloaty View Post
          Katman has a "how to" on building your own alignment tools.
          I found this "MOTION PRO" chain alignment tool on ebay. I used the base and turned it into a laser alignment but it comes with a 1/4" rod (only about 8" long) to check chain direction. I picked up a 2' piece of 1/4 drill rod but decided to use the laser. I paid about 23.00 for it. The blue part is the MOtion PRo and the black top is my creation. The laser is a 5.00 dimestore keychain. This is a 520 tool. I am going to make the other side a 530 alignment.

Last edited by katman; 07-29-2008, 01:37 AM.
          KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

My chain alignment tool is slightly more basic & a hell of a lot cheaper

Its a dead straight piece of 12x30mm machined bar picked up from an engineering factory as a freebie use is super simple, infallible in fact, after checking wheel alignment simply clamp to rear sprocket & measure in to front sprocket

obviously thats for checking chain run after modification & before a chain is fitted

Comment

Originally posted by tone View Post
              My chain alignment tool is slightly more basic & a hell of a lot cheaper

Its a dead straight piece of 12x30mm machined bar picked up from an engineering factory as a freebie use is super simple, infallible in fact, after checking wheel alignment simply clamp to rear sprocket & measure in to front sprocket

obviously thats for checking chain run after modification & before a chain is fitted
              Killer Tone, thats the best way..."KISS" system.
              KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

So did the 13mm offset work or not

Kichigai,

Have you tool checked your chain alignment? If you wy is it you think the 13mm ofset front sprocket worked.

Comment

Originally posted by LilTinc View Post
                  Kichigai,

Have you tool checked your chain alignment? If you wy is it you think the 13mm ofset front sprocket worked.

He already stated that he hasn't measured it, just eyeballed is so far. If he truly does have a different wheel then the 13mm might just be better than a 5/8s for him but from what I've seen and been told the 5/8"s is right on the money for most wheels/bikes.

Comment

Working...
                  X