No announcement yet.

Cooling overkill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You guys in the UK get access to great aftermarket stuff. I always find web sites in the UK with all kinds of cool stuff but who can buy them here in the US with the weak dollar. Damn!

Comment

I finally gave up on finding a connection that will give me the clearance and just put new exhaust gasket in and lowered the rear mount an inch and that gave me just enough to call it done. I’m not happy but I’m riding.

Put 50 miles on it. Very, very small leak at the filter cover but all other connections oil tight. Never got over 220 degrees but have not run during the heat of the day or for a long duration. Before it would get close to being pegged 300+ range and start to ping. I was going to go for a long ride this weekend when I notice I let my insurance run out. Forgot to make my annual $80 payment.

I still have to do some fab work to my Horn brackets. I’ll post more pictures later.

Mark

Comment

Below is my last attempt. Found the right metric size but they sent me too different types but they was both the same “size” as far as the bolt was concerned. One had oil in it because it was previously used. LOL Hose is too fat so it wont clear the block. Sending them back anyway. Notice one is light blue the other dark and one is skinny and the other fat.

Damn.

Oh yeah i pulled the threads out of one of the header mount holes. got to spend $32 to re do that as well!LOL

Comment

Working...
        X