Runing other ignition boxes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Runing other ignition boxes?

Has anyone tried running an ignition box from another Suzuki? I have ignition boxes from two early 90's Kats, a 600 and a 750. Both look plug compatible with my '84 GS750 harness and I'm starting to suspect an issue with my stock box.... so I'm looking at that GSX750F box and thinking it might be plug and play, maybe even with some performance boost. That or grenading my engine which is why I thought I'd ask here first!

/\/\ac

I know a thing or 2 about the 600 katana ignition box having the sharpest ignition advance curve out of the earlier 600,750,1100 GSXRs'.GSXR-Fs'
    PLUG AND PLAY for real you can feel it right away.

I have only used this on a 1989 GSXR 1100 as well as removing the "wheelie wire" ....as for the application for your bike I'm at a loss.

just getting a couple wiring schematics and it is nearly a open book test.
    SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

oh btw mostly box issues are either all or nothing. some times 1 side at a time but not often. good is good bad is bad

check the starter interlock switches first. they block the ignition operation too . that side stand switch and neutral wire are a bugger for dirt and grease.
      SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Working...
      X