inverted fork frontend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

inverted fork frontend

Is there a swap to put inverted forks on an 82gs650? Any Ideas appresiated.

Any of the 86-95 GSXR forks are a bolt on. The inverteds you would want are from 91-95. If you are just looking for better handling, the 86-90 NON inverted forks are a LOT cheaper & will be GREAT on your bike. Good luck whatever you decide & welcome to the site! Ray.

Comment

Any problems with ground clearance using those front ends Ray?

Dan
      1980 GS1000G - Sold
      1978 GS1000E - Finished!
      1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
      1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
      2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
      1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
      2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Hi I'm another new guy as wellI'm mainly messing about with some older Gsxr's but are interested in getting in to a gsx750 or 1100
        maybe i can convince someone here to swap somnething with me.
        I know I'm a new guy here but if the poster who started this thread wopuld be happy with a 88/89 conventional forks I have one sitting in my basement gathering dust.It's 100% complete and doesn't even have any leaky forkseals.
        Pm me if U want to discuss it.
        I'm a good friend with katman in case anyone think this sounds fishy.
        Man I wish I never had sold my 83 gsx750 it was a fantastic bike
        Mike

Comment

I will bet that the Katana front ends would work too! I don't think the 650 is much heavier than a Katana so I can't say for sure on the ground clearance but if I had to BET on it, I would bet I could make it work. Ray.

Comment

To the new guys! Welcome!

Hi,

Please stop by my little BikeCliff website and check out the mega-welcome!

Keep us informed. And we love pictures.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Thanks for the info. I like the inverted forks I have been seeing on the newer bikes and was hoping they could swap. I probably will need to fab caliper mounts to keep my dual disk front wheel right?

Comment

not if you swap the entire front end, rather than just the forks.

Comment

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
                  Any problems with ground clearance using those front ends Ray?

Dan

Only if you don't mount a wheel.....

I gotta go now....

Comment

Don't forget about Bandit and GSXR 600 front ends (as long as they have the tapered roller bearings on the steering stem). If you swap out a newer radial tire rim for the front you will have to match it with a radial tire for the rear which will mean the purchase of another rim. These swaps are pretty much an all-or-nothing deal.

Comment

Heres my Frankestein. . . .
                      1980 GS750 chassis

1990 Katana complete front end, minus highrise bars (bought and added clip-ons)

1992 GSXR1100 rear wheel, on an aftermarket swing arm . . .

I hope this Helps . . . .

PS. . . .With this frontend mod, I had to have my steering stops redone, and my steering doesn't lock anymore. . .

Comment

does this info apply to a 83 GS550E ? Thanks

Comment

I'm not sure if it will or not. . . .

Comment

Originally posted by 550ERAT View Post
                            does this info apply to a 83 GS550E ? Thanks
                            I have a Kat front and rear under my 83 GS550.
                            Look at it here, http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=130937

Comment

Don't want to hijack the thread too much but thread starter asked for ideas....If you have access to a grinder, a press and a welder, you can pretty much do put any front end you want. I ground off the stem/triple weld on my stock unit, did the same on a Nighthawk triple tree, pressed the suzuki stem onto the Honda triple, and had someone weld it. You might have to bore/use spacers/make your own parts....you might have to get dirty depending on the parts you want to put on.

Comment

Working...
                              X