Just Purchased built GS1100E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just Purchased built GS1100E

Hey everyone just joined the forum - I just placed a deposit on a 1982 GS1100E - I'm freakin' stoked about it. I've been admiring many of the amazing projects on the forums.
    I will pick up the bike next week it has some engines mods and I would like to know what there is that I should check to ensure everything was done right.
    The bike has a 1260 kit in it I'm told, with Andrews Cams, APE manual cam chaim tensioner, 4 into 1 exhaust, supertrapp, and upgraded ignition. It has a lockhart philips oil cooler installed. It is of course jetted (looks to be stock 34mm Mikunis) - has a K&N filter mounted on the secondary part of the stock airbox. Has a later engine serial number so the crank would have the factory welds. That's about all I can see from visuals and seller info - he was not the one who had the work done - he only discovered it when he went to replace the leaking base gasket.
    What should I look for in the head, clutch, or tranny to make sure that everything can handle the fairly high output?
    Sorry for the lengthy post - thanks for all the great information you guys put out on these fantastic machines!

PM sent. Ray.

Comment

Hey ! No secrets Ray

Didnt see anything mentioned about the suspension. Rear shocks and front springs with fresh fork oil. If you get that beast into triple digits watch out for speed wobbles and head shake. Replace the steering head bearings with All balls.

Have fun and welcome to the EZBoyz club.
      82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Watch out for spun cranks and knacker cylinder liners. 1260 is right out on the limit of the barrels and are likely to fail if thrashed well on a drag track.

If its been dragged I'd stay away from it.

Suzuki mad

Comment

1260 is a great performance piston kit

get bigger intake valves installed and some big web cams also have the head decked .090 or so to pop up the compression. you'll have a beast to ride then!! and it'll be a street bruiser to be dealt with!!
          SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Thanks for the responses! I will try and get some pics up when I get her home. Can't wait for this Holiday Weekend to get here! At least I will have time to play.

Comment

Working...
            X