Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GSXR front end cost opinion

Hey all,
    I've been keeping up with all the suspension swaps going on over the last year since I got my 83 gs1100ed and I think I'm going to tackle this project over the Winter. So I found a guy in Florida that has a complete front end from a 94 gsxr 1100 with everything including, discs, MC, wheel, axle, ignition/key, forks/triples, everything for $550 shipped. That seems like it might be a bit high but what do y'all think? I just started keeping my eyes peeled for this stuff so I'm not sure what the going rate usually is. I'm going to get pictures of everything first.

The 94 should have the correct steering stops, right? My plan is to go with the Bandit rear swingarm modded by Katman (I'll be getting in touch Rob!) and a smaller 160mm rear tire/3/8" offset sprocket ala Isleoman because I don't want to deal with any machining or frame grinding! Thanks for any input.

Shipped for $550 sounds pretty decent. You could easily spend that or more getting the parts seperately and having to pay shipping for each part.

Comment

Yep, sounds fair to me....

Hey Billy, have done anything with the Commando frame yet? If so, would love to see any progress!!
      Mike

1982 GS1100EZ

Text messages with my youngest brother Daniel right after he was paralyzed:

Me: Hey Dan-O. Just wanted to say howdy & love ya!

Dan-O: Howdy and Love you too. Doing good, feeling good.

Me: Give 'em hell, Little Bro!

Dan-O: Roger that! :)

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius086 View Post
        Yep, sounds fair to me....

Hey Billy, have done anything with the Commando frame yet? If so, would love to see any progress!!
        Mike,

I've spent too much time on the road over the last year to get anything done on it. I started going through the motor to see what all I need for it. I picked up and '86 GSXR750 that I haven't even had time to get titled. I only get home for about a week at a time and it's spent doing necessities. I will keep you updated.

Comment

Calipers and decent tire included?
          If they are it is a good price.
          If they are not, it is a fair price.
          Shipping costs add up fast, are you near the seller.
          2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

That is a very goog price because you are getting a complete front end. If you are having second thoughts just go to ebay and look up each part and add it up, and don't forget to add on the shipping cost. Then you will see that your getting a good deal.

Thanks, Supavert

Comment

Thanks. At first I thought it was just average but now that I realize how much I'm getting, I think I'm going to spring for it. It's all off a bike that just came rolling into their shop. The guy said it's a water cooled but I'm pretty sure they all were in '94 right? That doesn't mean it's a model I should stay away from?

Josh

Comment

Originally posted by ironsheik View Post
                Thanks. At first I thought it was just average but now that I realize how much I'm getting, I think I'm going to spring for it. It's all off a bike that just came rolling into their shop. The guy said it's a water cooled but I'm pretty sure they all were in '94 right? That doesn't mean it's a model I should stay away from?

Josh
                They were watercooled, but that won't matter. It's pretty much a bolt on affair. You may need headlight brackets which can be tough to access for inverted forks. I ended up paying close to $200 for a set of billet brackets to get anything that looked decent. You might have to do something about fork stops as well.

These are what I got for brackets.

Picked them up from Wild Hair. http://www.whaccessories.com/Head%20lights.htm

Comment

Hey all,
                  I've been keeping up with all the suspension swaps going on over the last year since I got my 83 gs1100ed and I think I'm going to tackle this project over the Winter. So I found a guy in Florida that has a complete front end from a 94 gsxr 1100 with everything including, discs, MC, wheel, axle, ignition/key, forks/triples, everything for $550 shipped. That seems like it might be a bit high but what do y'all think? I just started keeping my eyes peeled for this stuff so I'm not sure what the going rate usually is. I'm going to get pictures of everything first.

The 94 should have the correct steering stops, right? My plan is to go with the Bandit rear swingarm modded by Katman (I'll be getting in touch Rob!) and a smaller 160mm rear tire/3/8" offset sprocket ala Isleoman because I don't want to deal with any machining or frame grinding! Thanks for any input.
                  Is the 1983 GS1100ED the same as a 83 GS1100ESD??

Comment

Josh
                    Yes 93' on were the water cooled, and that is a fair to decent price.
                    I say that because I got mine for 350 shipped 2 yrs ago now.
                    If you have the patience to wait for a screaming deal, or pay the price for what you want now.
                    I have a complete setup for mine from a 93 I believe, was told 95, rotors say 93 (undrilled) and color wheels (light blue color).

GL-
                    Ron

Comment

Working...
                    X