No announcement yet.

beergood is back in the garage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad you're healing up OK, lucky no broken bones etc.

Lucky you that your brake line ruptured in your driveway instead of at 65 MPH.

Paint looks great.

Is there a new rear tire on the horizon, or you like running on slicks?

Comment

Originally posted by 80GS1000 View Post
      Glad you're healing up OK, lucky no broken bones etc.

Lucky you that your brake line ruptured in your driveway instead of at 65 MPH.

Paint looks great.

Is there a new rear tire on the horizon, or you like running on slicks?
      There is, a friend is sitting on a set, I just need to pick them up and put them on. Hasn't been a priority these last two months.

But don't get me wrong, I am enjoying my time on the slick (Burnouts!). I don't really do much highway, mostly around the ghetto. So I am not too worried about losing control at high speed, and I am very mindful in the turns.

Yeah, I felt like a truly lucky man with the brake breaking situation. My rear brakes work, but using them in an emergency isn't cool. I've had brakes go out on a car, and it wasn't sweet, I would be terrified about it happening at speed on a bike.

And yeah, I was also lucky on the no broken bones thing, just a severely bruised shoulder and ego. But damn, the body just doesn't put itself back together as fast as it did when I was younger.

Thanks for the compliments.

Comment

Different Every Time

I always enjoy seeing your work. Glad your feeling better.
        I can just imagine what your bike would look like if you had broken a bone.
        Where doooo you come up with your changing color choice. At first I didnt like the blue - but then with the strips I did. Go figure.
        85 1150E

Comment

Glad you are fine after the fall, BG. The bike is looking gr8....it would look primo if you finished the job and repainted the frame, and spruced up the engine and rear wheel, IMO. I found the pic of the old Shopsmith almost as cool as the bike, BTW...... what do they go for, if you don't mind me asking? Looks like they had some pretty cool machines, in the 'olden' days.

Tony.
          Last edited by Mysuzyq; 09-12-2008, 06:46 PM.
          '82 GS1100E

Comment

The rear of engine/carbs/rear assebly should be getting the same treatment over the next week. Going front to back.

I added a little flourish to the tank. I was tired of people asking me if it was a Kawasaki or a Hinda (or sometimes Yamaha). Why don't people ever guess Suzuki? Anyway, here it is on one side. I am going to see how I feel about it and probably add the other tomorrow:

I found a large version of the logo online, then slightly warped it, then made a template.

Comment

p.s. Shopsmiths usually go for around $200 -$300 depending on condition.

Comment

Originally posted by beergood View Post

p.s. Shopsmiths usually go for around $200 -$300 depending on condition.
                Dude, as a part time furniture maker, I can tell you that anyone that can find a working, mostly complete shopsmith for 2 or 3 bills is one lucky devil!!!

Comment

I don't have one of the newer generation shopsmiths, it's an ER10 dating back to some time in the 50s. It's doesn't have all the accessories, but is mostly all there and runs like a champ.

I paid $150 for it from I guy I found on craigslist.

Comment

Working...
                  X