another monoshock question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another monoshock question.

i have an 80 gs1000e with blown shocks. i've already swapped in a gsxr front end so i figure it's time to monoshock. the only problem is that gsxr guys tend to think they're parts are made of solid gold. i've had a hard time finding a complete rear end and it seems cost prohibitive to piece it together. \
    i've found a complete rear end from an 83 gs750es. has anyone tried this swap? i'm going to snoop around for measurements but if anyone has tried to retrofit a large frame gs using a later model gs monoshocker, let me know.
    thanks.

Try a Bandit 1200 rear suspension setup. it's cheaper and Katman has the swingarm bushing solution available for a reasonable price.

Comment

I have a 2006 GSXR 1000 monoshock conversion on the back of my 80 GS1000E. If you want more details, let me know. Keep watching eBay for the parts, especially in the winter when they go for cheap.

Comment

thanks for the input. i'll look in to a bandit set up. i found a complete swingarm for a '96 gsx 600f on the bay super cheap but i assume the dimensions and spring load are different between a 600 and 1200.

if i did have to piece a gsxr unit together what's my shopping list like? i've got some earlier gsxr wheels (curved spoke) i'm planning on using. obviously swingarm, shock, linkages, pivot, axle, bushings, and bearings. what about brake caliper and strut?
        Last edited by Guest; 09-14-2008, 07:45 PM.

Comment

80GS1000 could you please post some measurements or dimensions of the placement of your monoshock mount.
          I purchased a 2006 GSXR1k swingarm and would like to know what's a good spot.
          I did see your build post. I don't know if you would like to post it there maybe if possible.
          Thanks either way.

Comment

Working...
          X