Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stock cam specs

Hey all,

Was looking for the specs (lift/duration) of the stock cams for an 82 GS1100EZ. Any takers?? Looking at an 1168cc kit from APE, but do not want to kill mpg....the Webs that come with kit are 348 lift 257 duration at 50 thousandths.
    Mike

1982 GS1100EZ

Text messages with my youngest brother Daniel right after he was paralyzed:

Me: Hey Dan-O. Just wanted to say howdy & love ya!

Dan-O: Howdy and Love you too. Doing good, feeling good.

Me: Give 'em hell, Little Bro!

Dan-O: Roger that!

Webcams

I have the 0.340's and put them in with new APE springs. Bike runs great and no noticeable loss in drivability. I know that Chef kinda wishes he had gone for the 0.348's but he is pushing the envelope for a street bike.

Chef also has the 1168 kit (I do as well but not installed yet) and he claims milage actually increased a bit due to increased compression ratio (all other things considered being equal).

The 0.340's are not radical at all, and are slightly higher lift than stock 1150's which are 0.330". Both are considered drop in for 1100/1150.

I dont have the sepcs right at hand, but this is a big bump up from the stock 80-82 1100 cam specs. The 83 1100 was just a tad hotter (0.300, 0.280 if I recall), but not as much as the webcams.

I think I just answered this question recently I'll see what I can dig up.

Edit: I'm pretty sure thsi is all pretty close:

Posplayr
    Last edited by posplayr; 09-12-2008, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Thanks. I had heard several guys say that their mileage went up a bit with the 1168 kit, but they didn't specify that they dropped in bigger cams, too.
      Mike

1982 GS1100EZ

Comment

1168 Kit

Chef also has the 1168 kit (I do as well but not installed yet) and he claims milage actually increased a bit due to increased compression ratio (all other things considered being equal).
        not sure you got my meaning

>>>>>(all other things considered being equal).

meant just comparing 1168 v.s. not

Mileage probably drops with cams,carbs, heavy throttle etc.....

Posplayr

Comment

Well, I am not much a heavy throttle sort of guy; I romp on it now and then, just to hear her howl At the moment, the bike has stock BS34's with what amounts to a stage 1 jet kit (adj. needles and 112.5 mains from a set of BS43's that came off an 83 Katana 1100 from Canada), MAC header and Holeshot can. I still run upper 40's, 50 mpg every now and then.

I have looked at stock cams, but Suzuki does not list the stock intake cam anymore for the 82.
          Mike

1982 GS1100EZ

Comment

Might be my heavy throttle

but I dont think I can get get upper 40's 50.
            I think the factory specs claimed only about 40 mpg.

If you are looking for stock the Webcams has a relatively mild 0.310" lift (between 83 GS1100ED and the GS1150).

I may have mentioned I have some rapid ray used cams I would not mind getting rid of 1150 intake and 83 GS1100ED exhaust.

Posplayr

Comment

I noticed that the cams for the 83 1100 are still listed as valid part numbers, so maybe that is the route I'll go.
              Mike

1982 GS1100EZ

Comment

BIN about 40% discount

0.325" Lift
                Stock drop-in for GS1100/GS1150

Comment

Working...
                X