No announcement yet.

gs1100 630 to 530 chain conversion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah im looking for the case that holds the crank or just swapping to the katana. But thanks man.

Comment

1st ... Welcome to the site!

2nd... what happened to the GS case?

3rd... I believe the Katana motor will go into the GS frame with some mild fabrication... and some wiring swapping.
      1982 GS1100E "Jolene"

Comment

And it will liven up the old beast if you get it done.
        "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
        1982 CB900f

Comment

I've yet to do the conversion on my "T". I have the 630 chain MrBill gave me a couple years ago. It's on my to do list.

I would suggest doing the conversion!

Ed
          GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
          GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)

Comment

Originally posted by TxGSrider View Post
            1st ... Welcome to the site!

2nd... what happened to the GS case?

3rd... I believe the Katana motor will go into the GS frame with some mild fabrication... and some wiring swapping.
            Thank you. The guy i got the bike from sold them. Now im having trouble finding one. Or even a complete engine( thats what i would like to do). Ok thanks someone told me it might work.

Comment

Originally posted by Bukwhet View Post
              Thank you. The guy i got the bike from sold them. Now im having trouble finding one. Or even a complete engine( thats what i would like to do). Ok thanks someone told me it might work.
              You could try the "wanted" section and see if anyone has any around. You may also try contacting Rapidray or Pousseux as they seem to have some motors around. The pre 83' motors are usually easier to get and cheaper.
              I may have a running 82 motor up for sale in a few months as Im working on an 1150 motor to use in mine.
              1982 GS1100E "Jolene"

Comment

Ok thanks.

Comment

Actually, I would move forward with the Katana engine conversion if it were me and I had the engine and wiring already. They are good engines.
                  1982 GS1100E "Jolene"

Comment

Ok I'll look into it thanks.

Comment

You might also want to pick the brain of member "akckhim"
                      "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                      1982 CB900f

Comment

I don't agree on the tensile strength comment on the 530 chain, some of the super bikes now use the 530 or 520 chains and they can be had in different tensile strengths. Metals have changed alot since these bikes were new.
                        sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                        1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                        2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike:dancing: 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Working...
                        X