cam questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cam questions

Does anyone know if there is a differance between the 82 750 katana cams and the 82 gs750 cams are the katana ones a hoter cam or are they the same

On the 750s the cams are the same. On the 1000 & 1100 they are bigger than the regular GS 1100. Ray

Comment

I was looking at aftermarket cams for a 80 gs750 and they were listing the 750 and 1100s with the same part number. 1 will an 1100 cam fit in a 750 head 2 are they the same cam.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch Jager View Post
        I was looking at aftermarket cams for a 80 gs750 and they were listing the 750 and 1100s with the same part number. 1 will an 1100 cam fit in a 750 head 2 are they the same cam.
        As far as aftermarket cams are concerned, yes they will fit. You will find several different grinds from any given manufacturer. The higher lift cams will require mods to rockers and/or guides. Some will have too much lift for the 750 but will bolt in.

Comment

Will stock 1100 cams fit in a 750

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch Jager View Post
            Will stock 1100 cams fit in a 750
            Yes they will, not sure of the lift and duration on them though. All the aftermarket manufacturers list the same part number for 750 and liter class bikes.

Comment

Stock 750 and 1100 cams are the same.

Comment

question 2 how big of cams can I go without mods Im looking for some extra hp but nothing crazy

Comment

If I were building your motor I would recommend the Web Cams grind # 223. They are .340 lift & 240 duration @ .050. They would be a good choice for better power without being too radical. They will drop in but I suggest you degree them to get the best power. Also, check the piston to valve clearance. Good luck, Ray.

Comment

Ray, shot you a PM if you have time

Comment

web cam 110 grind is a .395 lift and it will drop right in. super nice power

the mods happen at .425 with shim under bucket needed
                      SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Originally posted by trippivot View Post
                        web cam 110 grind is a .395 lift and it will drop right in. super nice power

the mods happen at .425 with shim under bucket needed
                        He's got a 16 valver, not an 8. The cams you stated WOULD be a good start in an 8 valver though! Ray.

Comment

would #3 grind .345 lift 260 265 duratuon fit without modifacation

Comment

Yes but, if you want to go bigger, I would use the Cam Motion G-4s. Ray.

Comment

Not to hi-jack this thread, but Ray could you list the Cam motion cams and thier specific numbers for each grind. # 3, #4, #7 ect. Thanks.

Terry
                              1980 Suzuki GS550E, 1981 Suzuki GS 1100EX all stock, 1983 Suzuki GS 1100EX modified, 1985 GS1150E, 1998 Honda Valkyrie Tourer, 1971 Kawasaki Mach lll 500 H1, 1973 Kawasaki Mach lV 750 H2.

Comment

Working...
                              X