cam questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google It

Superior high performance LS & Gen 5 LT camshafts for GM cars and trucks equipped with LS1, LS2, LS3, L99 & new LT engines.

Comment

Originally posted by headsbikesmopars View Post
      Not to hi-jack this thread, but Ray could you list the Cam motion cams and thier specific numbers for each grind. # 3, #4, #7 ect. Thanks.

Terry
      Hey Terry, how's it going? Did you find an 1150 tank? Call me at 714-356-7845 if you want me to read the cams off to you. I am a dealer for them if you aren't. Let me know, Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
        If I were building your motor I would recommend the Web Cams grind # 223. They are .340 lift & 240 duration @ .050. They would be a good choice for better power without being too radical. They will drop in but I suggest you degree them to get the best power. Also, check the piston to valve clearance. Good luck, Ray.

Somebody knows his shiet.

Comment

The G3 grind looks pretty sweet to me
          What compression ratio would I need for that?

Comment

The G3s will work with 10 to 1 compression. Ray.

Comment

Cam Motion recommends G2's (for a 16 valve 1100 motor) if you're planning to use the stock rocker arms. Any more radical and you're going to need hardened rockers which really jacks up the cost. An 1168 big bore kit is cheaper even with the machine work factored in.

Comment

Originally posted by RJ View Post
                Cam Motion recommends G2's (for a 16 valve 1100 motor) if you're planning to use the stock rocker arms. Any more radical and you're going to need hardened rockers which really jacks up the cost. An 1168 big bore kit is cheaper even with the machine work factored in.
                Not true as I run up to .380 cams on stock rockers with NO problems. I put G4s & G7s on STOCK rockers all the time! It is the SPRING pressure that makes the biggest difference on the rocker life. Take it for what it's worth from an engine builder. Ray.
                Last edited by rapidray; 11-09-2008, 04:50 AM.

Comment

Hey Ray, out of curiosity, @ what lift would you need to shorten the valve guides using CM cams. My bike has g21's installed from PO and was wondering if the guides would have been shortened?

Comment

I agree with ray 100%
                    SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

The rule on 16 valvers is pretty much .370 & over you use shorter guides. Ray.

Comment

thanks Ray.

Comment

Working...
                        X