shocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shocks

Dose any one know a good supention upgrade for a 80 gs750 ive heard mixed reviews on progessives but dont want to pay 500+ for shocks is there anything out there around the proggessive price or less thats an upgrade from stock

I don't know of any other shocks around that price point new.... Be great if there were other options
    1980 GS1000G - Sold
    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
    2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Hagon's have a reasonable reputation and are not that much more than Progressives.
      Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

I have the same bike and and I weigh 265 and they do the job

Comment

Originally posted by cbrophy22 View Post
          I have the same bike and and I weigh 265 and they do the job
          Which do the job? The progressive mentioned in the OP or the Hagon's mentioned my Nessism?

Comment

Sorry guys, it's been a while since I been on here and don't blame you if you feel slightly deserted. I admit, I was a little angry about our one bad apple, but I'm back on the trail again. I have sent a proposal to both Ikon and Works Performance so we'll see what happens. I'll let you know when I know. I have not sent anything to Hagon yet as I want to see what I hear from Ikon and Works first. Keep your fingers crossed.

Edit: This post was meant for the Ohlins thread but I can't seem to get it deleted, you'll find the same post in that thread as well, but it actually applies here too as I am working on getting another buy togther, this one should be more affordable to those that were priced out of the Ohlins buy. If it actually happens, I'll start a new thread with the info in it.

Sorry for the hijack.
            Last edited by Guest; 10-17-2008, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch Jager View Post
              500+
              Its been a while but I dont think I had that much in both shocks, springs (sold separately) and the front forks springs. Did you price them out a Bikebandit ?
              82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Hagons OR a set of 12 series Progressive shocks and springs will total out somewhere between $210 to $250 US. Where did you get the $500 figure?

Both are excellent shocks at good prices. Take yer pick.

The IKON shocks are even better by all accounts, and well worth the extra money if you have it -- I think they run $350 - $400.

There are also some El Cheapo MDI or Emgo shocks out there for $80 a set. (They're on eBay all the time, or can be purchased from Cycle Recycle II http://crc2onlinecatalog.com/ ) Word is that they work pretty well, but are rather stiff. A viable choice if you're larger than average and cheap.
                1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

no I ment anything up from progressives run 500+. and I am larger than average and cheap hehe
                  Last edited by Guest; 10-17-2008, 07:06 PM.

Comment

I am 270 lbs, cheap & the MDI shocks are fine for normal riding. Even at my weight, they are rather firm, but not bothersome. Very little sag & I have the pre-load at the lowest setting. Well worth the $65 I paid for them

Comment

I have MDI's on both my Yammies, and got a set for my buddy's GS750. They ARE hard, but if all you're doing is cruising the straight open highway, they're pretty good. I'm about 280-290 and had my younger brother (250-260) on the back of the 650, just starting to squat at that weight, on the lowest preload setting. The ride can get harsh if you run some rougher roads though. I'm looking forward to another deal like the Ohlins that I missed out on. I want to put something decently nice on the 1000.

Comment

another vote for hagon, for the money the ride great.

nick

Comment

Dose anyone try the EMC shocks?

They are selling at UK at following link. GS1150 shocks at 240UKP. What do you think?

Create your own free ecommerce store with Freewebstore. Build your free online store, add your own products and start making your fortune with a free website powered by our free ecommerce software.

Comment

Working...
                          X