Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GS 750 Cartridge Emulator part number...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS 750 Cartridge Emulator part number...

Is this the correct emulator for a 1979 GS 750 with 35mm forks?

FEGV3501

Thanks!
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
    Is this the correct emulator for a 1979 GS 750 with 35mm forks?

FEGV3501

Thanks!
    Probably not. My 1100E has 37mm forks and needs the S3301 model to fit. You will probably need one that is 2mm smaller than mine to fit. Do they have a 31mm OD model?

Mark

Comment

Look up the ones for the CB750

they are for a 35 mm fork tube. (I think)

Check out post #34. I did not try that knock of emulator yet.

Pos
      Last edited by posplayr; 11-18-2008, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Racetech's part lookup kind of sucks. But from what I can tell the early CB750 and the GT550 Suzuki both take an S3001.

I am new to these so it looks to me they have generic valves for a particular fork tube ID.

Since Racetech does not list any GS bikes other than the 1100 I expect we need to confirm the ID of our fork tubes.

If Suzuki did not change the ID of the 35mm forks from the GT to the GS then the S3001 may be the proper kit for the GS550 & 750.

I may try to get around to measuring my GS1000 forks to see if the 1100 cartridges will work there presuming the S3301 is 33mm OD.
        I also have some 35mm forks laying about so I can measure them too.

Comment

I just measured the GS1000 fork tube, they are 27.85 ID. The decimal might be off a bit but I guess that means the OD of the emulator is not the part # as 33mm being a S3301.

Pos, can you get a measurement of that CB kit you have?
          Last edited by Guest; 11-19-2008, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Ok now, my complex mind is starting to understand the simplicity of these fork valves. Originally I was thinking they fit precisely in the fork tube. They don't, They seal against the original damper rod.
            So, the S3001 is 23.8mm OD and will work in most all 35mm forks.
            The S3301 is 26.5mm OD and will go in the 37mm forks.
            Kind of easy when looked at that way.

Comment

Old Colt

So, the S3001 is 23.8mm OD and will work in most all 35mm forks.
              The S3301 is 26.5mm OD and will go in the 37mm forks.
              Kind of easy when looked at that way.
              There is a tolerance on the size but you are correct it is fairly loose. That is why I bought a knock-off CB750 emulator that I'm figuring will fit my 81 GS750 (35 mm forks same as CB750). Sorry have not tried it yet.

Pos

Comment

Sorry have not tried it yet.
                My gut feeling is they will work fine.

Comment

Cut away view

FYI,
                  maybe this will help explain why the size is not so critical. The OD of the emulator needs t obe small enough to not rub teh inside of the tube. However it needs to be large to sit inside of and seat against the bottom of the damper rod.

Pos

Comment

Here is a good page I came up with, you might have this page in the kit you got for your 1100.

They offer adapters for damper tubes that vary from there design, if you have a lathe the tube can be dressed up top to fit.

Comment

XS performance

These are the dampers I got off of e-bay. Funny they are even cheaper from here.

OD of the damper is 23.8 mm
                      Shoulder is 16.4 mm

It looks like a pretty simple device well machined and annodised GOLD.

Pos

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
                        These are the dampers I got off of e-bay. Funny they are even cheaper from here.

OD of the damper is 23.8 mm
                        Shoulder is 16.4 mm

It looks like a pretty simple device well machined and annodised GOLD.

Pos
                        I don't suppose they have one for 37mm forks? I need the S3301 model for my 1100E forks and the one above will be a bit too small.

Mark

Comment

I don't suppose they have one for 37mm forks?
                          I am also on the lookout for them too as well as S3801 or 3802 size.

Here is a read for the tech minded.
                          This website is for sale! peterverdonedesigns.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, peterverdonedesigns.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Many pages of value here.

Comment

Emulators with progressives??

Regarding the EMULATORS, I already has a set of progressives to be installed, but, the question is: It is really a good improvement (over progressives) to install Racetech emulators??

Comment

Originally posted by jacora View Post
                              Regarding the EMULATORS, I already has a set of progressives to be installed, but, the question is: It is really a good improvement (over progressives) to install Racetech emulators??
                              Progressives are springs, the emulators are for damping. Completely different things that complement each other.
                              Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Working...
                              X