Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GS 750 Cartridge Emulator part number...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Based on your comments on Ohlins

I would do the following in the order indicated; spend till you can't stand it any more.

1.) Progressive springs $ 75
    2.) Progressive rear Shocks $250
    (if you got the cash spice it up to Ikons or Fox $400)
    3.) Pirelli Sport Demon or Avon tires $250
    4.) Racetech Cartridge Emulators $175
    5.) Stainless Steel brake lines $200
    6.) Ferado Brake pads $90

from here you go Gixxer conversion....$$$$$$$ $2000-$3000

Of course this assumes you dont have any problems with the old stock configuration (steering bearings, wheel bearings, swing arm bearings etc)
    Pos

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
      I would do the following in the order indicated; spend till you can't stand it any more.
      Pos
      That's perfect.
      1.) Progressive springs $ 75 OK
      2.) Progressive rear Shocks $250, PENDING
      (if you got the cash spice it up to Ikons or Fox $400)
      3.) Pirelli Sport Demon or Avon tires $250 OK, Dunlop K591 front, Bridgestone Battlax B-45 Rear; Both are great
      4.) Racetech Cartridge Emulators $175, PENDING
      5.) Stainless Steel brake lines $200, PENDING, actually has stock hoses but no brake problems or complaints.
      6.) Ferado Brake pads $90; OK with EBC; Ferodo's are better than EBC's??

No problem with bearings or any mechanical issue, actually I am verifying/updating my charging system.
      Thanks posplayr

Comment

5.) Stainless Steel brake lines $200, PENDING, actually has stock hoses but no brake problems or complaints.
        6.) Ferado Brake pads $90; OK with EBC; Ferodo's are better than EBC's??
        Just wanted to make sure that you were taking care of the Braking Business.

Pos

Comment

Originally posted by jacora View Post
          You shouldn't need to spend $200 for S/S brake lines. Where are you getting them? I bought Bandit 1200 lines for my 1100E and they fit and work just fine. You have no complaints because you don't know how much better they can be. New pads and S/S lines will make a significant difference in feel and power.

Mark
          Last edited by Guest; 11-23-2008, 02:51 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

As Mark says, there are cheaper ways to go (Home made do a search here at GSR) but I had something like the following in mind with that price. The most expensive kit is the GS1100EZ/ED that includes the antidive plumbing.

The highest quality of domestically manufactured Suzuki GS1100E, GS1100EZ, GS1100X, GS550E, GS850GZ, GS750L, Suzuki Esteem motorcycle Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines at competitive prices. These brake lines are compatible with all brake line fluids and are the finest kits on the market today.

GS1100 (EZ,D)
            (with Anti Dive Lines)

1982-1983
            6 Line Brake Line Hose Kit with Clear or Smoke PVC Cover (state when ordering)
            PPB-SUZG1100EZD83 $254.40

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
              These are the dampers I got off of e-bay. Funny they are even cheaper from here.

OD of the damper is 23.8 mm
              Shoulder is 16.4 mm

It looks like a pretty simple device well machined and annodised GOLD.

Pos
              Old thread I know but I was wondering if you ever tried out those knock off emulators?

I found this reseller still has the sizing data listed for the RaceTech parts.

/\/\ac

Comment

Originally posted by Macmatic View Post
                Old thread I know but I was wondering if you ever tried out those knock off emulators?

I found this reseller still has the sizing data listed for the RaceTech parts.

/\/\ac
                Sorry, I never did and will likely sell the GS750. If you want the knock-off's I'll deliver for $75 with instructions. PM me email and I'll send a pic of what they are. The look just like the two sets of RT emulators I have have.

Comment

Working...
                X