No announcement yet.

6" wheel 200 tyre...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rob it has a thumb brake, hence the res.

Comment

This is a bit different, but I have an R1 rim in a Katana arm on a GS550.

Comment

Triples

Originally posted by SteveA View Post
        Rob it has a thumb brake, hence the res.
        Are those 954 top triples?..man that is one awesome machine.

Comment

Yeah 954 yokes and all credit has to go to Rob and his site for the lead on that.
          They go in using the honda stem and top bearing but use the Katana bottom bearing. They are a little wider than gsxr items so the fairing edges have to be shaved a little.
          The thumb brake came about because after we had cut away all the crap from the frame I really liked the uncluttered look around the middle of the bike.

Comment

rear end

Yeah Rob gets all the credit on mine as well, he set me up with this rear end...as you can see the 180 clears everything when converting to 520.....Im thinkin I might be able to sneak a 190 in depending on the tire manufacturer....great work man your bike is truly incredible!

Comment

Hiya Rob
              I love the look of the R1 swinger too. Though it will take some work to fit it to the Kat, it must be since you like the dual shocks a lot. Maybe fit the Busa wheel in first as you might need to narrow the whole thing and then just cut some wedges out to pull the pivot area in before welding the the GS pivot. Of all things, I have two of those with no use.
              Those oversize tires while looking cool, are worthless. Very hard rubber and sidewalls. Designed just for those "Cuisers". The profile is so bad that they don't lean for the turns. But I guess you would drag the clutch cover or those pipes if it did lean so maybe it's a good thing.
              Anyway, not chance of going to a single shock woth the Busa arm?
              Laters
              GREG
              sigpic1983 1100 Katana - soon to be turbo Busa powered.
              2007 GSXR1K-Sold-But not forgotten.
              Have 2X ZG14 engine's for '81 GS750E project.
              '82 GS750E frame is TITLED awaiting GSXR1127/12B engine and '81 1100E slowly being built.:eek:

Comment

Rob,
                What you need one of these swingarms made for a Suzuki Streetbikes. Trac Dynamics use to sell them too! Just an idea!

Tricked Out Custom Cycles Swingarm

DSC Bikeshop Swingarm

Comment

Originally posted by kichigai View Post
                  Rob,
                  What you need one of these swingarms made for a Suzuki Streetbikes. Trac Dynamics use to sell them too! Just an idea!

Thanks dude but those are for 300's not 200's.
                  KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Comment

Originally posted by gmansyz View Post
                    Hiya Rob
                    I love the look of the R1 swinger too. Though it will take some work to fit it to the Kat, it must be since you like the dual shocks a lot. Maybe fit the Busa wheel in first as you might need to narrow the whole thing and then just cut some wedges out to pull the pivot area in before welding the the GS pivot. Of all things, I have two of those with no use.
                    Those oversize tires while looking cool, are worthless. Very hard rubber and sidewalls. Designed just for those "Cuisers". The profile is so bad that they don't lean for the turns. But I guess you would drag the clutch cover or those pipes if it did lean so maybe it's a good thing.
                    Anyway, not chance of going to a single shock woth the Busa arm?
                    Laters
                    GREG

Greg, I am only going to a 200 and if I can't stuff that in which I don't think I will be able to now it will be a 190.

You have to get weeeeeeelllllll over to drag anything on a kat my friend. YOu make it sound like a an old kawi triple or something.

And this guy still has lots of lean to go yet...
                    KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Well, the polished one is for a 240 tire which is a bit wider than a 200 but would look pretty good too! Hope the pixs at least gives you some ideas on how to deal with the offset issue.

Comment

Originally posted by kichigai View Post
                        Well, the polished one is for a 240 tire which is a bit wider than a 200 but would look pretty good too! Hope the pixs at least gives you some ideas on how to deal with the offset issue.
                        Thanks man, sorry, you sound a little miffed and that wasn't my intention.\
                        I do appreciate the posting and have thought about one time and again for other projects.
                        KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Rob, if you actually fit that big of a tire on your bike. I will probably have to drive out and see it.
                          Good luck
                          Chris
                          1983 750 Katana
                          1982 750 Katana (parts use)
                          1983 RZ350

Comment

200 tyre

I'll ride with ya motty...gimmee about 3 day head start

jw

Comment

Lean

Hiya Rob
                              Yup, gotta get a lot of lean to drag anything on a Kat and that guy is going a good job. I was talking about those "Hardly" Cruisers that drag things just by looking at them.
                              You can put a 200 on a 6" rim even though they should be put on a 6.25-6.5 wheel. I would not see any real problem with such a wide tire. You can always relieve the frame some for chain clearence or, maybe shorten the spacer on the sprocket carrier to move the chain in. I left mine out to see and get maybe 1/8" closer to the tire. Now just to make a new spacer. And, why not use a Busa arm too and just add the extra lower bracing like the R1 swinger has? My Kat is all apart and I am in a dilema on which way to go. I still think to slide a Busa engine into the frame instead of the air wonder. Then I would only need to relieve the frame for clearence as the sprockets should be close if I have positioned it properly.
                              Let's not talk about old Kawi Triples as I have had too many of those wobblers.
                              GREG
                              sigpic1983 1100 Katana - soon to be turbo Busa powered.
                              2007 GSXR1K-Sold-But not forgotten.
                              Have 2X ZG14 engine's for '81 GS750E project.
                              '82 GS750E frame is TITLED awaiting GSXR1127/12B engine and '81 1100E slowly being built.:eek:

Comment

Working...
                              X