GSX 750 oil cooler engine in '82 750 frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GSX 750 oil cooler engine in '82 750 frame

I found a 750 gixxer oil cooler engine that i can acquire for $350. Im not sure of what year it is. the 750 engine has been stuffed into a 600 frame. Some sort of bandit engine maybe?
    How hard would it be to fit in my '82 frame? anyone with experience with these swaps? What header would I need? any helpful links...?

Dead easy job if you have a small amount of fabrication skill been there & done that many times 748 or 749 engine ?

you have 2 real choices ........

#1 fit the engine on the rear bottom mount with the required spacers, you may need to drill out you original mount by 1mm as the bolt sizes vary, make up the other mounts to suit

This is my prefered method, the problems are the exhaust downpipes will be short of the head by about 20mm (easily sorted with extensions) & the fuel tap may touch either the rear of the rocker cover or the carbs

#2 fit the engine on the forward mounts & make up the others, this may make the rocker cover touch the tank & you may get the same problem with fuel taps etc

A third choice is a balence between the two above but it does make getting the engine central more difficult & is a lot more work

Theres a little more to it than the above, but thats the basics, the rest depends on the exact year & model of the bike the engine is going in to

Any specific questions shout up & ill answer if i can
    cheers tone

Comment

Originally posted by tone View Post
      Dead easy job if you have a small amount of fabrication skill been there & done that many times 748 or 749 engine ?
      Any specific questions shout up & ill answer if i can
      cheers tone
      Are the 93/95 engines the same as far as mounting? I have a 93 750 engine here and was wondering if I could use it for mocking up in place of an oil cooled 1100 lets say?
      KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Comment

Originally posted by katman View Post
        Are the 93/95 engines the same as far as mounting? I have a 93 750 engine here and was wondering if I could use it for mocking up in place of an oil cooled 1100 lets say?
        Yes as far as i'm aware, i actually use a dead 750f engine to work round on all my swaps, the only problems ive found so far is the aforementioned bottom rear mount bolt differances & the slightly different rocker cover between bandits & gsxr's (due to the top guide)

Having said that i always leave the front mounts untill the real engine is in & make them up after due to them moving around on the rubbers

Quick edit the 750 engine is slightly smaller in height so take that into account

Comment

Working...
        X