My new project w/pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new project w/pics

I am rebuilding/detailing the engine out of my '82 GS750. A wiseco 816 kit, ported heads, K&N pods, jet kit, V&H header, hotter cams etc.
    The head, jugs, block will be gloss black with polished side covers and stainless cap screws. Call me crazy for spending this on a 750.
    I can't figure out what to do with the ignition cover. Can I get custom or new stock stickers for it?? Any ideas?

That head and valve cover look sweet !! You should be able to get the stock cover decals at the Slowzuki dealer.
    82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

You gonna polish up those cam covers or leave them in a semi-gloss finish?

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
        You gonna polish up those cam covers or leave them in a semi-gloss finish?

They are polished, it doesnt show up well in the pic.

Comment

Originally posted by gearhead13 View Post
          I am rebuilding/detailing the engine out of my '82 GS750. A wiseco 816 kit, ported heads, K&N pods, jet kit, V&H header, hotter cams etc.
          The head, jugs, block will be gloss black with polished side covers and stainless cap screws. Call me crazy for spending this on a 750.
          I can't figure out what to do with the ignition cover. Can I get custom or new stock stickers for it?? Any ideas?

You're crazy. At least on THAT model 750....

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
            Hey, Play Nice now... Nothin' wrong with a 750..

Comment

750s kick a$$. I have considered the same mods for my 750. I am curious as to how the performance will be increased. I will be watching this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
                That head and valve cover look sweet !! You should be able to get the stock cover decals at the Slowzuki dealer.
                The head was media-blasted, then etch primed, painted , then put in the oven at 150F for 2-3 hours. The curing really made the paint look nicer

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
                  That's a fairly strong sentiment.

Comment

stickers

you can get them from a power sport dealer ordered from Suzuki they are around 12.00 each and they make the covers look new the crazy thing is they do 20 or more on eBay plus shipping I did the same thing on my gs 1000 and then high heat cleared them so I don’t have to polish all the time
                    p.s.
                    the rust on the clutch bolt really sets things off " nice touch" your self LOL

Comment

Originally posted by anthonygs1000 View Post
                      p.s.
                      the rust on the clutch bolt really sets things off " nice touch" your self LOL
                      Yes, it will be stainless for that too. Its amazing, I thought it looked quite nice before and had lots of comments on it, but now that i take a closer look at the parts it is shocking. I CAN'T wait to get it back together, its gonna be so sweet.

Comment

I have seen aftermarket clear plastic ignition covers, in case you want to see the goings on in there.

Also various stickers such as Greatful Dead skull logos and such (as are on the front calibers of my 1000 Connie, put on by the PO).

Comment

I got my piston kit today, been waiting for this for a long time...

Comment

gday gearhead.Im at the same stage with my gsx750"80".Had the same issue with my covers ,left and right.So i took a linnisher to them,removed the ridge, pollished them up and i think theyre spot on.Not original,but im a function type of guy.And for the record,cafe child,i mean "kid",we all ride bikes ,NOT EGOS!! GROW UP. And have a fine Christmass!

Comment

Nice project. Those motor mods should really wake up your bike.

Do you have a "before" pic of the bike? Always cool to see the "before" from the start of a project and the "after" pics when it's all done.

Comment

Working...
                              X