Did anybody see this?? smoothbores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did anybody see this?? smoothbores

HOLY CRAP... $1000 & 22 bids???? WTF? I think I might have to polish mine up and put them on FleaBay..

I think my vm26's are rarer, so those should go for more.

Comment

Originally posted by dardoonk View Post
      http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=330283985385

HOLY CRAP... $1000 & 22 bids???? WTF? I think I might have to polish mine up and put them on FleaBay..
      Yeah, but do your's have stuck pilot jets on the inner 2 carbs?...maybe they're worth more that way!

...but seriously, has anyone used an ultrasonic machine to clean parts like this guy did?

Comment

...but seriously, has anyone used an ultrasonic machine to clean parts like this guy did?
        Ultrasonic is about the best way to clean carbs. It is about the only way to get in and scrub the inside of passageways without removing plugs.
        Lemon juice and water is a good cleaner where others say a bit of dish washing detergent is their choice.

Comment

Originally posted by dardoonk View Post
          http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=330283985385

Two stuck pilot jets?? That would break the deal for me. 17.5's are kind of small. If you were putting these on a bike with any mods, those would need to be bigger. But I suppose a machine shop could get them out.

It seems that if you polish up these things they go for absurd amounts of money. I'm painting mine black....maybe I could get $2,000.00!!

85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
          79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

....can't I just go to Sudco and buy brand new flatslides for about 3/4 of the cost of those VM's? I know it's not the "purist" way, though.

Comment

Originally posted by hp1000s View Post
              ....can't I just go to Sudco and buy brand new flatslides for about 3/4 of the cost of those VM's? I know it's not the "purist" way, though.
              Old school is cool!
              85 GS1150E May '06 BOM

Comment

Old school IS cool....the boat in my avatar is a 1988 kevlar Cigarette Top Gun...and it's actually named "Old School"!

Comment

Originally posted by hp1000s View Post
                  Yep, http://search.ebay.com/search/search...itle=mikuni+rs or http://dynoman.net/carb/mikuniRS.html#apps

C'mon lottery ticket....

Comment

Gold plated floats. Say Wha!?!?!

Comment

I hope they kept track of which slides went with which bodies while they took that picture proving they were disassembled correctly.... I agree on the 26's, I'd let mine go for $1500.

Comment

They dont even look that shiny. I think its his pictures and display that are bringing up the price. I bought my vm29's a year ago. I was the only bidder, real bad pictures and camera angles. But I could just tell that they were decent. $375. A week before that I was bidding on a set that had better pictures but the carbs looked to be in the same condition. I was outbid at $450

Comment

Originally posted by renobruce View Post
                          It seems that if you polish up these things they go for absurd amounts of money. I'm painting mine black....maybe I could get $2,000.00!!
                          Yep, black seemed the way to go for me..

Comment

The smallest new style flatslides is 34 mm GS Carbs

I think Bruce Sauer has a good supply of those old 29s.

Jay
                            Speed Merchant
                            http://www.gszone.biz

Comment

Well, I just bought some VM33's for my Beast project. So the VM29's will be for sale. We'll see how much I get. Hopefully lots!
                              85 GS1150E May '06 BOM

Comment

Working...
                              X