cheapest jet kit around

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cheapest jet kit around

just bought a stage3 kit for my 79gs1k for 109.45 shipped.

powersportsuperstore.com

link to 3304

Amazon.com is another good source ..

Comment

Originally posted by mriddle View Post
      Amazon.com is another good source ..

bah! 106.50 from them. but, 2-3 days to process. good call though, sir.

Comment

I got mine from Cyclespot in Arizona... pretty cheap there.
        1980 GS1000G - Sold
        1978 GS1000E - Finished!
        1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
        1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
        2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
        1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
        2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

wouldnt it be cheaper to just order the individual mikuni jets?

Comment

for retail that is not bad.

the needles are the most important pieces in there.
            SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

i had seen them over 130, so i figured this deal wasnt bad.

Comment

Originally posted by pjm204 View Post
                wouldnt it be cheaper to just order the individual mikuni jets?
                If you're an expert carb tuner maybe. But for the average Joe a kit is the only way to go. The needles are what makes the kit worth every penny. Trying to guess what taper you need would end up with more headaches and more purchases of jets here and there vs getting everything you need in one kit. You also usually get new slide return springs and a drill bit to drill the slides for quicker throttle response.
                Last edited by Guest; 12-30-2008, 02:37 PM.

Comment

I agree with pjm204. I bought two sets of jets after converting to a kerker 4 to 1 and pods $20.00. Then I just added some tiny little washers under the needles, less than $.25 and I am by no means a master tuner. But the bike does great.

Comment

Originally posted by gsryder View Post
                    I agree with pjm204. I bought two sets of jets after converting to a kerker 4 to 1 and pods $20.00. Then I just added some tiny little washers under the needles, less than $.25 and I am by no means a master tuner. But the bike does great.

your 20.00 <pods> are as/more restrictive than the stock air box.
                    let me guess...
                    really prettty chrome emgo's cones?
                    a st.3 jet kit and filters that flow near as good as K&N's is the only way to do the job correctly.
                    if jet kits was'nt needed...
                    they would'nt have sold thousands of kits....

Comment

I'm pretty sure he meant that he got two sets of main jets for $20 and not that he bought $20 pod filters.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks View Post
                        If you're an expert carb tuner maybe. But for the average Joe a kit is the only way to go. The needles are what makes the kit worth every penny. Trying to guess what taper you need would end up with more headaches and more purchases of jets here and there vs getting everything you need in one kit. You also usually get new slide return springs and a drill bit to drill the slides for quicker throttle response.
                        The problem with the jet kits is they 'assume' everything about the bike.

The reality is each bike tends to be a little different - especially an older bike with worn carbs, worn advancers, worn bore, worn cam chain (which impacts cam timing), etc., etc.... the newer the bike (less miles) the better they are likely to work.

I am not a fan of dynojet kits. I've had a couple in bikes I've bought over the years, and most have a stumble in the mid-range.

Comment

blah!!!!!!

Comment

I just tuned a friends Yamaha for him after he put a pipe on it. It wasn't even fun to ride the jetting was so far off. I ordered 4 larger mains and shimmed the needles with some shims from the hardware store. He's very happy with the results and the money savings.

Comment

blah!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X