Not much going on in the garage this year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not much going on in the garage this year

The bike is still in one piece, so I'm bored. I really miss pulling and tearing the motor apart. Maybe I'll blow something up in March when the track opens again so I'll have something to do.

The only thing that comes to mind is trying a new set of cams ??

Did I say boring........... But I do need a new zipper on my jacket so all is not lost I guess..........
    Last edited by RacingJake; 01-02-2009, 12:59 AM.
    1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
    1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
    1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
    1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
    01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Originally posted by RacingJake View Post
    The bike is still in one piece, so I'm bored. I really miss pulling and tearing the motor apart. Maybe I'll blow something up in March when the track opens again so I'll have something to do.

The only thing that comes to mind is trying a new set of cams ??

Did I say boring........... But I do need a new zipper on my jacket so all is not lost I guess..........
    Hey, I have all kinds of bike projects needing done.

Of course there's my Beast project.

Then two GT80's that need a little love.
    A Husky motor that needs to be put back together.
    Fork seals replaced on two GT80's
    A Honda Odyssey that needs the carb gone through and installed.

Come on out! I have a spare guest room and lots of tools!
    85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
    79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

overload

Dont' get me started....3 bikes two in pieces in my garage...no time!!

Comment

Ask anyone on here that has been to my place & SEEN my garage! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
          Ask anyone on here that has been to my place & SEEN my garage! Ray.

For the curious among us...

Enlighten me?

( Alternatively i'll come over if you pay for the flight? )

Comment

Well just box them up and turnaround time should be less than an hour

These GS engines are a piece of cake compared to the newer bike's. Heck about the time it takes to remove all the plastic the GS engine sitting on the table in pieces.

Hey Ray have you played with putting the gsxr 750 intake cam on the exhaust side. I'm thinking of trying that. I like to have a .355 lift on both sides. I like the G4's but not the little ears, I want some more meat like the gsxr ones.
            1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
            1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
            1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
            1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
            01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

some of yall sound like me, i got a never ending project with my 82 chop, just started a cafe ish with an 81, got my sister in laws 650 maxim that needs intake boots and new exaust among other things, my middle brothers 750 shadow needs carbs COMPLETELY rebuilt (even had rips in the diaphram on the slides... how the hell do you manage that?), and last but not least my parents xs1100 needs 1st and 2nd gear replaced and triked for they can ride it (2nd was out when i bought it and 1st is on it's way out from when my chopp was down almost a month and i had to ride the 1100 w/o 2nd back before i gave it to my parents). only one i dont have anything to do to right now is my youngest brothers 750 virago, give it time tho. i know my brother! lol
              problem is i have more than enough time since works been slow the last month but no money for my bikes for the same reason. since my brothers and parents are all construction types too... same applies for money for thier bikes except i'm the one who does all the work on all our bikes
              everytime any one in the family other than my dad or me touches a bike with a wrench it just compounds the original problem so it's just easier to do it from the start and as for my dad, he says he's too old to be workin on em so that sticks me by myself... good thing i enjoy it

now if only i could have the time AND the money at the same time!!!

Comment

my race bike is ready . I could make a quick change mount for my delay box.

I have a 10" power buffer I am going to spruce up a cover or two.
                SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Jeff, you still running that 2 valve MOPED or have you finally gotten a REAL motor that has 16 valves?!!!! LOL!!! Ray.

Comment

funny you should ask.. I think I might.. I am in the negotiation stage at the moment. I am really close to making all ends meet up.
                    SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

I put a cool 30,000 btu gas heater in the garage that I picked up off ebay. Also did a little work in the trailer. Bike is just sitting with a cover on it right now.

Comment

Originally posted by skidMarkNZ View Post
                        For the curious among us...

Enlighten me?

( Alternatively i'll come over if you pay for the flight? )
                        3 dragbikes, 3 street bikes, 1 pitbike, 9 quads, 16 GS1100 & 1150 motors, 23 GS1100, GS1150 & GSXR cylinder heads, porting bench, bike lift, 6 foot long Snap On tool box, welder, solvent tank, 3-6 foot tall shelves full of misc GS engine parts. Do you get the idea? Ray.

Comment

3 dragbikes, 3 street bikes, 1 pitbike, 9 quads, 16 GS1100 & 1150 motors, 23 GS1100, GS1150 & GSXR cylinder heads, porting bench, bike lift, 6 foot long Snap On tool box, welder, solvent tank, 3-6 foot tall shelves full of misc GS engine parts. Do you get the idea? Ray.
                          It looked like more.
                          1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                          1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Can we get a picture?

Comment

could you please adopt me?

Comment

Working...
                              X