Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would anyone be interested in bearing spacers to fit alternate wheels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would anyone be interested in bearing spacers to fit alternate wheels?

Well I just fitted GS500 wheels to my 750 and had an issue...all my references stated that the two bikes shared axle diameters and I was mistaken. GS750 is 20mm or 21mm (my notes aren't handy) and GS500 is 17mm. Luckily, the OD of the GS500 bearings are the same as the GS750 bearings (which had less than 500 miles on them in the 750) and I just installed them in the 500 wheel.

Issue now is that the GS750 bearing spacer inside the wheel is too short for the GS500 wheel, and the GS500 space is obviously too small ID. So I cut a new one...of course I have a lathe and lots of scrap, but other people might not have such things at their disposal.

So I was wondering what kind of interest there would be for something like that and how much they'd be worth? They'd be made from 440 Stainless.

big wheels

can you post a pick of how the 500 wheels look on your 750. This is a 1989 500 I tricked out. it was a great beginner bike ( K&N, Jet kit, timing advancer, slip-on 13 - 44 gearing but it is still a 500

Comment

oh yeah sure. Maybe after work tomorrow I'll roll her out and take a pic. This was just the first thing in a long list of projects this winter, though, so she's rough lookin'.

Comment

Working...
      X