• Time
  • Show
Clear All

me trying to help but often better off staying out of their way LOL

various shots on the track

Comment

Comment

Comment

Sunday before the semi's for the Pro Street B Class I had went over to introduce myself to Ricky Gadson as a fellow competitor .. very nice gentlman he is..

Various shots of my Run against Ricky Gadson in the Finals for AMA Pro Street B Class:

Comment

And my visit over at the Ricky Gadson Pit area:

Evaluating our time slip and how close it was from start to finish..

Comment

Ricky Gadson Autographing my Time Slip - with his precious daughter not far from his side..

Ricky giving me props for the win... what a character

AMA Pro Street B Class Winner's Circle... From Left to Right: Eric from Rev'd Up Motorsports, My daughters Racheal and Kayla, Me, Event Sponsor MTC, and last but not least Nem my crew chief

Comment

Great job E. Thanks for the write up and pics. Keep em coming!
                1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Awesome writeup and great pics. Congratulations. Keep it up and keep them stories coming.

Comment

We got out for another T+T today. Weather was in the low 40's. DA was around 400 Feet. The wind was blowing across the track really bad. Kinda scary.

I'm running a home blend of E85 this year. Had another guy at the track tested it for me it's 84.9% Ethanol. The bike is scary lean. I'm guessing last year I was running alot lower % Ethanol that I thought I had. Last year I was running a 152.5 main jet. Off the trailer only went 9.78. MPH was way down and the A\F was really lean. Started going up on the jetting. Ended up with a 165 main and 1 up on the pilot. It's still a tad lean at WOT, but I did manage a 9.41 @137.

I plan to run points at Norwalk next weekend. I'm going to just up the jetting a bit more during the week. The only problem is the mid range is still really lean. Pops and bangs during the burnout. I need to check, but I think I'm already running the biggest needle I can get and it's all the way up. I might shim the needle a bit. Need to get the carbs apart this week and take a look at things.

Comment

thanks guys... got the video uploaded of the run... check it out..

hmm can't seem to embed videos .. you'll have to go to my website to see it.. on the 2009 Video Page.. can't miss it

www.dreamryder.org

E.

Comment

We'll we can't always write about winning and this is one of those losing posts. Went to Norwalk tonight for their first points event.

Cut a .009 red light and went 9.399 off the trailer. Added .010 to the box. Second Time trial cut a .006 green and ran 9.421. First round of eliminations weather started cooling off. Dialed a 9.41 and figured I would just hit the brakes. I added another .008 to the box. Cut a .003 red and ran 9.405. He was .008 red and ran way slow.

Oh we'll we had fun. Weather was great. Three runs withing .022 of each other with my lights within .017. Pretty happy about that. The rollout at Norwalk is a good bit different than TRP. I'm putting in about .050 more into the box than I do at Thompson.

Fighting with this years blend of E85. Tried a set of alcohol needles to fix a very lean condition during the burnout. Still not right.

Comment

Sorry to hear of your time at Norwalk... I too did not fare well this weekend with my first event at Great Lakes Dragway in their new Pro Street Series ..

Discovered my clutch was all F'd Up in the pits as I was gettin ready to line up to make my first pass of the day...

I had a great Test and Tune Day last weekend and figured we'd keep the bike as is for Sat.. sooo.. something must of broke during my last pass.

After taking the clutch cover off and pulling the fibers and steels out we found some of the Ears/Tabs were broken clean away from the ring leaving a chunk missing. My shims and needles bearings and basket had damage to the extent that the shims were nothing but thin rippled wafers like aluminum foil... one set of bearings were slightly warped... after spending a couple hrs trying to locate new shims I lucked out with Red Line Cycles from Kenosha having something that would work temporarily till I could get new parts ordered...

We did what we could to try and get my clutch setup close with what we had.. I missed first qualifing run.. so I only had one chance before eliminations.

as if these problems weren't enough to deal with my clutch cover gasket started leaking and couldn't find anyone with a spare to sell at the track... but luckily I had some black goop to coat the old gasket with to get us through the day..

On my first pass the Bike would pull as I had the lever fully engage but I could hold the bike back well enough with my feet to allow me to make the pass... run was not the good.. extremely slow off the line.. but was enough to put me as 3rd qualifier..

Made a slight adjustment to the clutch for round 2 of eliminations in hopes this would help..

When lining up, my oponent took an excessive amount of time staging which put way too much heat in my clutch and allowed my bike to build way more boost at the line than my setup was tuned for... causing me to break the tire loose off the line and since we were runnin only 1/8 mile there was no way for me to make it up down track to take the win...

now it's time to order all new parts needed and get the bike ready for the next AMA event come May 2nd.

E.

Comment

Still fighting that tree at Norwalk bad. -.004 red in the second round. First round was a double breakout win. I went under by .003 and he was under by .004. That was a side by side pass. I'm going to figure this out.

Comment

New best of 7.62 on sat at TSDRA pro street event... made it to teh final against Kent Stotz but couldn't take him.. IF I had a good run like the 7.6 it'd been a dayum close race... but I didn't turn my head light on and lost site of my groove and skated from the 330 and on... I had lost 20mph in the 1/8...

here's some video highlights...

E.

E's 1st Qualifier Run against Duckie
                              I was #1 Qualifer after First Round....

E 1st Qualifier 7.81 TSDRA 050909 - put me as Top Qualifer after this round.

E's 2nd Qualifier Run against Bryan from Win Racing
                              after this run I was #2 Qualifier and Kent Stotz became First with a 7.6 something pass.

http://www.youtube.com/v/s8nxX4d0sJA&hl=en&fs=1

E's 1st Round of Eliminations against Duckie

E's 2nd Round of Eliminations against Glen Stickles

E's Final Round with Kent Stotz
                              (I chose to not turn on my headlight thinking I woudln't need it.. because of that I could not see that I had gotten out of the groove. I was skating around from the 330 and on.. could tell especially with my MPH at the 1/8 being 20 less than usual... would have been a good race had I not gotten out of the groove.. )

Comment

Fastest woman on the planet!
                                7.6 Geesh
                                Keep em coming E!
                                1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                                1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Working...
                                X