No announcement yet.

2009 Track Headlines...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We'll we've had the first points race at Thompson and I've run 3 races at Norwalk. So far in 4 outings I have 2 round wins. I'm sitting here thinking about taking up golf. Or maybe I should put the cover on the bike and take up knitting.

To be honest my confidence is right in the crapper. Usually I'm a terror at the start of the year and then slow down a bit at the end. This year I can't do anything right. Saturday first round .031 and then ran 3 slow. He was .013 and lifted as he came by. They didn't allow buy backs so I think the 3 slow is a jetting issue. I tuned this year in the cold and it was really hot and humid saturday. I need to put he A/F meter back on.

I did shoot some video of the quick 8 anything goes class.
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

oh don't say that Ryan.... it'll turn around.. I'm sure it will..

I've had some bad days this year as well and thought the same thing then got my new best ...

It's out there for ya just keep your chin up...

I lost for a stupid reason this past weekend myself and for a double points event that wasn't cool

My bike started to lift on me in first round of eliminations.. thought it was my boost delay I shortened but after the last pass in the semi's the bike bolted up like a rocket on a mission to the sky... folks in the stagin lanes said they could see my windscreen from behind had to get off gas waited for front to come down and be straight and got back on the gas (in the attempt to chase down the other ride already half way down track - he was having issues on the big end so I thought MAYBE I could catch him but no go.. an 8.93 wasn't gonna do it )

After counting how many passes my clutch springs had on them I was 2 passes beyond where I should have changed them.. that was the reason the bike was lifting the pass before ... stupid mistake on my part.. could have made it to the finals and gave Kent Stotz a run for his money as he only managed a 7.7 something .. well within my grasp

got another event this weekend.. hopin to see some better results.. got no video of this past weekend to share but hopefully I can find someone who did and post up.

E.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamRyder View Post
        got another event this weekend.. hopin to see some better results.. got no video of this past weekend to share but hopefully I can find someone who did and post up.

E.
        Byron? If so, I'll be there shooting video Saturday and maybe Sunday.
        Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
          Byron? If so, I'll be there shooting video Saturday and maybe Sunday.

Yup Byron... 2WheelSpeed's first event of the season...

I have a good feeling about this weekend

Oh Oh Oh.... if you see some chic on a flag bike go up to run would you mind videoing all her runs? I'm sure she would be most appreciative

also come by and say hello... would love to put a face to the name

E.

Comment

Well things weren't great, but were slightly better this week. Again went out first round. .079 at the tree and then let off the gas and hit the brakes only to let him get around me by 2'9" at the stripe. I was so PO. I decided to buy back in and got the attitude that enough was enough.

In the next 4 rounds my lights were between a .006 and .025. Ended up getting the win. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is a turning point. We're off for the next 2 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamRyder View Post
              Yup Byron... 2WheelSpeed's first event of the season...

I have a good feeling about this weekend

Oh Oh Oh.... if you see some chic on a flag bike go up to run would you mind videoing all her runs? I'm sure she would be most appreciative

also come by and say hello... would love to put a face to the name

E.
              I was the guy that stopped buy your trailer Saturday with the camera and tripod.
              Sorry I didn't introduce myself.
              Been racing with 2WS for a few years and I often forget not everyone knows me.

Actually we met last year by Greg's motorhome...
              But I know how that goes....just another guy in leather pants...

I shot both qualifying runs and the first round, (your bye run).
              Had some trouble with people getting in the way.
              Couldn't stay any later...geez what a long day.

I just threw together what I have of you and it's uploading to Vimeo right now.
              I'll post a link when it's done.

Bike looked to be running great. How did you finish? Or did they even finish?

Comment

OK...you can see the video here:

"E" making great passes in the Shootout classs at Byron Dragway on May 30th, 2009. Shot with an HMC-150 at 720 60p.

Vimeo can be slow...so if it hangs, just hit the pause, let the grey bar finish downloading and then hit play.

I'm not always happy with the way vimeo encodes the video, but its better then youtube.
                You can download my original MP4 on the bottom right side of the page.

It will look much nicer on the DVD...

Comment

"E" making great passes in the Shootout classs at Byron Dragway on May 30th, 2009. Shot with an HMC-150 at 720 60p.

Vimeo can be slow...so if it hangs, just hit the pause, let the grey bar finish downloading and then hit play.

I'm not always happy with the way vimeo encodes the video, but its better then youtube.

Nice video. Where's yours?
                  Good job E.
                  1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                  1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
                    Nice video. Where's yours?
                    Had to step back for a bit chef...wife out of work and back in school.
                    But I can still hang out at the track with my camera...

Comment

Hey Bob... THANKS! I wish you had let me known that was YOU! I do recall you stopping by and saying hello and talkin about the videoing.. the camera with the mic with the big o'l fuzzy slipper on it

I will check out the link during lunch or when I get home tonight.. can't wait.. I sure wish you could have stayed for both days

I WON! Sat.... and took 2nd on Sun... it was a nail bitter on Sun I had Bricker until the very very very end and he flew past me at the line doin 191 I had a 7.75 to his 7.76... if I had only had a better tree he'd not been able to catch up to me - oh well next time...

E.
                      more details when I can along with any video my crew got (none of the finals on sunday however)

Comment

191!
                        WOW
                        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.

Comment

And E, let me know if I got your times and speed right in the video...I only had the score boards to go by and, as you know, they are not exactly easy to read all the time.

I originally planned on coming back Sunday, but I separated part of the nail from my big toe about a week ago and after being on my feet all day Saturday, I couldn't do it again.

I will be back for the next 2WS event...

Comment

Well after being at the track all day last weekend...I broke....

My headers went off to be re-cerachomed yesterday.
                            I mounted some new handle bars I've been wanting to put on the bike.
                            I need to adjust the valves and work on the rear brake...

But if all goes well, I make the next 2WS race at Byron, at least for one day.

The wife's schooling is paid through the fall, our credit card is almost paid off, surely I can afford one $45 entry and a tank of gas...
                            Who knows, maybe I'll win something.

Comment

Well after being at the track all day last weekend...I broke....

My headers went off to be re-cerachomed yesterday.
                              I mounted some new handle bars I've been wanting to put on the bike.
                              I need to adjust the valves and work on the rear brake...

But if all goes well, I make the next 2WS race at Byron, at least for one day.

The wife's schooling is paid through the fall, our credit card is almost paid off, surely I can afford one $45 entry and a tank of gas...
                              Who knows, maybe I'll win something.
                              That's the spirit!
                              At first I thought you meant you broke your bike but remembered you weren't racing this year.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
                                That's the spirit!
                                At first I thought you meant you broke your bike but remembered you weren't racing this year.
                                Besides, I figure since I went through the joy of getting a full physical this year to renew my license, I might as well get some fun in return.

Comment

Working...
                                X