No announcement yet.

2009 Track Headlines...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took a runner up finish at Norwalk last night.

Day started out with severe thunderstorms rolling thru in the morning. About noon the weather cleared up and we had blue sky. Loaded up real quick and headed out. Didn't get to Norwalk until about noon. Got in 1 time run. Found out the clutch was dragging. Didn't want to come out of gear and was pulling me forward a bit and trying to stall the motor on the line. Took it all apart, but didn't find anything broken. Added a little oil. Almost went home, but then decided to give it a try.

First round got real lucky. He left in the wrong gear and I was sleeping on the tree. Let me just say I hate auto start. After we both staged I bet we sat there for almost 10 seconds. I started wondering what was wrong and lost focus on the tree. Went .06 something. It was later explained to me that the tree will start 3-10 seconds after both racers stage.

Ran some good racers after that and hit the tree much better. Last 2 rounds one of the other racers towed me up to try and keep the heat out of the clutch. Thanks to Brian for the help. In the final flinched hard and went .017 red. All in All it was a good day. Now I just need to take the clutch apart and see whats going on. I'm guessing a warped steel.

Comment

Went 4 rounds for the win last night at TRP. I should be tied for first now. Lights were .027, .019, .020, .076, .033, and .011 in the final. the .076 was the bye run. I can never cut a light in a bye run.

They had a quick 8 door slammer race. Run what you brung anything goes to the 1/8th mile. here is some video including the first round.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
      Last edited by Guest; 07-19-2009, 10:52 AM.

Comment

You da man Ryan!
        I just got a pipe, ignition and some adjustable cam sprockets. A little at a time!
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

I put together a compilation video of the bike racers that have been coming out to Thompson this year. At least the ones I've gotten on tape. I went to the semis last night. First round had a .0000 light. Second round dodged a bullet going .047 on the tree. Third round went .013 to his .010 and ran 9.491 on my 9.47 giving him the win.

A video compilation of the folks racing in Thompson Raceway Parks super pro bike class.

Comment

Excellent clip, Ryan.
            Your track has a nice set-up for the fans with the elevated walkway over the starting line.
            Do you know the rider with the blue bike at the 2m40s mark? Nice body language on a smooooth launch.
            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

2 40 is the end of the clips. The blue one at 1.40 is a young kid that normally races out at Norwalk. He's pretty tough.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by rosco15 View Post
                2 40 is the end of the clips. The blue one at 1.40 is a young kid that normally races out at Norwalk. He's pretty tough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XQnq...eature=channel
                Ooops...1m40s is correct. Thanks.
                I never got any near the speeds that you are at but the best advice i received was to be "quiet" on the bike.
                Congrats on your success, Ryan.
                2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                  the best advice i received was to be "quiet" on the bike.
                  Congrats on your success, Ryan.
                  Thats a good way to put it. I'm going to try to keep that in mind my next outing. Need all the help I can get.

Comment

Keep this post alive just a bit longer

Sealed up the bike class points championship in the second round when I took out #2 in the points in a very close race. Went on to win the event. They called the 4 champions up for the track champ runoff. They said they were going to run the super pro champion against the bike champion for the IHRA Summit Super Series Champion. Then the mod champ would race the Street champ for the no box Super Series Champion. Then the winners would race each other for the track champion. We are a non PR reporting track so they can do it as a runoff instead of PR. Dragster dialed 8.17 something to my 9.38. I treed him, hit the brakes a little, and went 9.395 to his breaking out 8.15. The mod champ won setting up a bike against mod for track champion. Both of us were slow on the tree. I was .040 to his .048. I caught him and put a wheel on him. He pounded the brakes right at the stripe sending me thru. Broke out for the loss. Went 9.375 on a 9.38 to his 10.125 on a 10.12.

I'm expecting to be the only bike running the dragsters in the box class SSS runoff. I don't think there are any other IHRA div. 3 tracks running boxes on their bikes. Guess that makes me the underdog.

Comment

I took the bike to the track a couple weeks ago after a 4 year layoff. New 1500 cc motor (built mostly from spare parts) No wheelie bar, street tire, hand clutch, all motor, fat rider(220+) 8.84 at 153

Comment

Cool! What head & who did it? Tell me what's in the motor! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by NoBars View Post
                          I took the bike to the track a couple weeks ago after a 4 year layoff. New 1500 cc motor (built mostly from spare parts) No wheelie bar, street tire, hand clutch, all motor, fat rider(220+) 8.84 at 153
                          That's haulin the mail.

Comment

Originally posted by NoBars View Post
                            Very nice!!
                            Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                            '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Ray Belluci 31/27 head (old godzuki head), JE pistons, GRC crank, 41 keihins bigazzed megacycle hardwelds, Vance and hines pro pipe, 2 stage MTC, FBG procut trans.

Still ride it to the local cruise in

Comment

picture of...

Comment

Working...
                                X