No announcement yet.

2006 R1 swingar kat project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have some 4-6" extensions for this arm but I think I am going to make some smaller cuz I won't be using that much stretch. Here is a photoshop of what I am going to do. I will be welding them on so the twisties won't make me too nervous.

Here is the stretch I think I will be after.

Last edited by katman; 03-15-2009, 04:51 AM.
    KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Comment

I prefer the look "unstretched" but then all stretched bikes look a little odd to me... Is it to give more straight line stability or??

Dan
      1980 GS1000G - Sold
      1978 GS1000E - Finished!
      1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
      1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
      2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
      1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
      2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
        I prefer the look "unstretched" but then all stretched bikes look a little odd to me... Is it to give more straight line stability or??

Dan
        Yeh Dan, This bad boy is go-in to be long and lean.......sure it won't handle like a super bike but nothin this old will so keeping up with the new boys in th e corners isn't a concern. Not that anyone can ride any of these bikes to their potential anyway. I know guys who could kick most guys buts on their gsxr 1000's with a stretched 600.
        Stretchin ain't for everyone, and I can appreciate that.

I machined the rear '06 gsxr 1000 hanger. Had to take off over 10mm but not finished yet. Have to shorten the tongue on the hanger and fab a new adjuster block to receive it. No biggie....

KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Since I decided to keep the stock peg stays.. I had to do something with the rear master. Never liked the rear res and rubber hose thing, so,

anodized fittings are in order with s/s hose. Requires a new reservoir with threaded fitting. I am hiding it up behind that new plate I made that is already hiding the signal controler. It's coming in handy.

The fittings in the pics are a little large but is all I had on hand. Will be knocking them down a dash or two.

KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Working...
          X