gs750 mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gs750 mods

I have been poking about for the last year on what to do with my 77' 750. I am repainting things and currently have the engine out. i am on a low budget for this project. but while the engine was out i figured it would be a shame to not do something to it preformance wise. Im not looking for anything wild. I was thinking about new cams. mid to high rpm gains. also, what would be involved to make the engine turn 10-11k? just looking for a little more fun factor. I ride fairly laid back but its nice to let it all hang out now and again

Originally posted by npntransistor View Post
    I have been poking about for the last year on what to do with my 77' 750. I am repainting things and currently have the engine out. i am on a low budget for this project. but while the engine was out i figured it would be a shame to not do something to it preformance wise. Im not looking for anything wild. I was thinking about new cams. mid to high rpm gains. also, what would be involved to make the engine turn 10-11k? just looking for a little more fun factor. I ride fairly laid back but its nice to let it all hang out now and again
    Why not put cylinders and pistons from an 850?
    About 15 HP real cheap.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

was looking into what i could do to just the top end. im not looking for any real numbers. just something to give it a little more pep while im here. who knows i may just keep it stock. major intrest was if there are any cams that might wake it up a little without killing street manners. im not very versed in the way of the bike. Im a diesel tech who mostly plays with cars so may way of thinking is all shot to hell. lol

Comment

I think it would be cheaper to do the 850 jugs and pistons than it would to get a different cam. But you could change the cam timing I guess, others here know more about that than me though.
        Cheers

Comment

i do remember hearing something about cam timing. also remember reading something about that there is a cam off a diffrent year that will help????!?

Comment

you could check out webcams.com and there is another place but i forget the name, they are gonna run you a couple hundred bucks, youd be better off with the 850 parts or even slappin a 1000 motor in it, all you would need to change for that is the rear engine mount

Comment

You can get more pep by swapping out sprockets.

Comment

just wondering if i could do the same with a 83 gs750?.will the top end fit on my motor from a 850.

bill

Comment

Sorry Bill, the 83 750 is WAY different than the 750s before, not to mention that it is a 16 valve motor & the 850 isan 8 valver. Ray.

Comment

Thanks Ray...So i guess i need to put that 1100 in it after all

Comment

front 2 left side, 1 right side, and both rear upper motor mounts must be adapted for a GS1000 motor to fit. As for reving to to 10-11k. Just hold the throttle longer before you shift. The motor will take it.

Comment

850 jugs and pistons

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                        Why not put cylinders and pistons from an 850?
                        About 15 HP real cheap.
                        I am very interested in the 850 mod. Correct me if I am wrong, the stroke of the 750 and 850 are identical, the bore only changes 65mm to 69mm ........so to complete this modification you would need to change the cylinders, pistons, add 850 base and head gaskets and re-jet the vm26's to 850 standards.
                        So is the head ,cam, valves etc identical on both engines?
                        Another benefit I can see from this mod is the compression ratio remains in the 8.7 to 1 range (thus longeveity and not as picky with fuel as a higher ratio of over 10 to 1.
                        Would like to hear from someone who did this modification with good results.
                        Jim

Comment

Working...
                        X