A member has crashed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A member has crashed

Don't know if anyone knows but Joe Whelan crashed today. One of his threads is below

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=135310

He has broke his shoulder blade and taken a number of stitches to the face. He is up and walking but a little sore.

Fortunately he crashed his yamaha and not his GS.... I always like to see the bright side. He is ok but thought a post was in order.

Get well soon Joe.
    Last edited by katman; 03-04-2009, 12:12 AM.
    KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Bummer, Joe lives just up the road from me. Not quite just up the road, but within a hundred miles. Glad to hear he came out without being too seriously injured.
    Last edited by Guest; 03-04-2009, 12:16 AM.

Comment

I will pray for Joe. Ray.

Comment

Joe, I'm happy the rest of you is still more or less in working order.
        Shoulder blade, that's gotta hurt. No ribs sounds like, so you can still enjoy a good laugh.
        And good plan there, to ride the Yamaha when you go out to dump the bike.
        That's good thinking.
        http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Been there done that.
          Get well soon mate
          Cheers

Comment

Crashing hurts! Wishing you all the best for a speedy recovery.

Cheers,
            Ted.

Comment

Originally posted by katman View Post
              Don't know if anyone knows but Joe Whelan crashed today. One of his threads is below

Put any information that you have to make your bike look great in here.

He has broke his shoulder blade and taken a number of stitches to the face. He is up and walking but a little sore.

Fortunately he crashed his yamaha and not his GS.... I always like to see the bright side. He is ok but thought a post was in order.

Get well soon Joe.
              Hey guys I actually had 19 stitches in my shin not my chin I think I told Katman my chin (typo), had a full face on, landed on my head and my left shoulder at about 40mph trying to avoid a vehicle that pulled out.

Very sore but ok..thanks to all

joe

Comment

To a speedy recovery!

Glad to read that you're okay.

NorCalSuperF

Comment

Speedy recovery J, hate to see ANY bike get messed up, but at least it was the one that is fairly easily replaceable. I would be terribly upset if you'd managed to crack up that beautifull 1100 project you've got going

Comment

Originally posted by jwhelan65 View Post
                    Hey guys I actually had 19 stitches in my shin not my chin I think I told Katman my chin (typo), had a full face on, landed on my head and my left shoulder at about 40mph trying to avoid a vehicle that pulled out.

Very sore but ok..thanks to all

joe
                    I was wonderin about the chin??? thought maybe the beer bottle broke, but then I thought?? no, that must be how you broke the shoulder...saving the beer.....REst up my friend.
                    KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Comment

Joe

Glad your well enough to type. Heavy meds?

Sorry to hear it, but very glad you will recover. I have not crashed yet. Oh i had a 0 mph laydown;( litterally) but that was only ego hurting. .

Speedy recovery and watch out for the Cagers.

Pos

Comment

Dang Joe. Heal up quick now!
                        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Hi Mr. jwhelan65,

Prayers and best wishes sent. All the best to you and yours.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Ouch, that's gotta hurt. Get well soon mate!

Comment

I hope you heal fast.

Comment

Working...
                              X