A member has crashed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to hear about your accident, Joe.
    Plenty of time to heal before the playoffs start.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Feel better

Hey Joe,
      Sorry to hear about the accident and upset to hear that it was to avoid someone pulling out. They just don't care about motorcycles
      Take it one day at the time... feel better.

Comment

Glad you're OK.

Comment

jwhelan65,

We all are glad to hear that your ok!, and we hope that you get well real soon. Because "that gs1100e project is off the chain!" and we want to see you finish it.

Peace!, Supavert

Comment

Hey Joe!
            Sorry to hear, but very glad you'll mend. You are in my thoughts!
            Hugh

Comment

GWS (Get well soon)
              82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by jwhelan65 View Post
                Hey guys I actually had 19 stitches in my shin not my chin I think I told Katman my chin (typo), had a full face on, landed on my head and my left shoulder at about 40mph trying to avoid a vehicle that pulled out.

Very sore but ok..thanks to all

joe
                awsome news!! glad to here another one walked away, or will walk away at a date to be determened

Comment

Hope you can get back on the bike soon. My best to you.

--al

Comment

Holy crap, Joe!! Glad you are none the worse for wear...how did the bike fare?? Heal up quick!!
                    Mike

1982 GS1100EZ

Text messages with my youngest brother Daniel right after he was paralyzed:

Me: Hey Dan-O. Just wanted to say howdy & love ya!

Dan-O: Howdy and Love you too. Doing good, feeling good.

Me: Give 'em hell, Little Bro!

Dan-O: Roger that! :)

Comment

Prayers out to you.

Comment

get well

Joe i hope you heal up fast and stay safe as theres alot of riding left to do get well soon ........Pat

Comment

Hey guys I actually had 19 stitches in my shin not my chin I think I told Katman my chin (typo), had a full face on, landed on my head and my left shoulder at about 40mph trying to avoid a vehicle that pulled out.

Very sore but ok..thanks to all

joe
                          Glad it wasn't worse!!!! Heal up fast,listen to the Doc and therapists. Take pics!!! Take more pics. You'll want them in your old age. The morbidly curious want pics too!

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius086 View Post
                            Holy crap, Joe!! Glad you are none the worse for wear...how did the bike fare?? Heal up quick!!
                            Thx man..

Bike is gone rolled end for end, I was riding with several buddies and a constuction truck pulled out to block one lane without first setting up cones down the road. As I came overthe hill I had about 150 feet to brake at 70mph..I braked hard on the front and then rear which sent me into a side skid where I side swiped a buddy who had skidded sideways to a stop, that sent me catapolting through the air for about 30 feet, landed on my shoulder and head and slid on my back into the ditch ( so I was told )broken scapula and 19 stitches in the front of my shin (front lower left leg) Really freakin sore today gonna be out for a few weeks.

Comment

Thx man..

Bike is gone rolled end for end, I was riding with several buddies and a constuction truck pulled out to block one lane without first setting up cones down the road. As I came overthe hill I had about 150 feet to brake at 70mph..I braked hard on the front and then rear which sent me into a side skid where I side swiped a buddy who had skidded sideways to a stop, that sent me catapolting through the air for about 30 feet, landed on my shoulder and head and slid on my back into the ditch ( so I was told )broken scapula and 19 stitches in the front of my shin (front lower left leg) Really freakin sore today gonna be out for a few weeks.
                              Sounds like the way I went flying when I had my last accident in about '90. We were riding out by Medina Lake when a car came around a corner in my lane. I ended up riding downhill on a grassy shoulder about 40' wide. I could have ridden it out even though steering and braking was out of the question. I ended up going over a 2' diameter drain and getting thrown over the bars. The bike and I tumbled probably 150' on caliche at that point. The first thing to hit was my shoulder and head. I sat up and the first thing I thought about was the bike. Funny how your first reaction is "How is the bike?"

Comment

Get well soon Joe.
                                Did you knock your buddy over?

Chris
                                1983 750 Katana
                                1982 750 Katana (parts use)
                                1983 RZ350

Comment

Working...
                                X