K&N pod sizes..&..best place to buy??GS650GX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K&N pod sizes..&..best place to buy??GS650GX

Hey guys, I was checking out the K&N site. I believe my carbs would use the 54mm pods. Does anyone know what length I should go with? There were more than a few to choose from.
    Also what would be the cheapest place to buy them from along with the dynojet kit? The RC2344 that I was looking at was 139 from K&N direct.

Thanks for your help guys

Never used them .. but

Price: was $139.65 now $115.91

Sale Ends: 3/31/09

http://www.clemmonstrading.com/servlet/the-33381/K&N-RC-dsh-2344-(4)-2-dsh-1-fdsh-8/Detail

Best I saw in a 3 minute hunt.

Comment

Best prices I've seen on 54mm performance air filters are from APE:
      Part # 005-121 for $59.95

- Richard

Comment

Originally posted by mriddle View Post
        Never used them .. but

Price: was $139.65 now $115.91

Sale Ends: 3/31/09

http://www.clemmonstrading.com/servlet/the-33381/K&N-RC-dsh-2344-(4)-2-dsh-1-fdsh-8/Detail

Best I saw in a 3 minute hunt.
        Hey mriddle,
        That is a great price! good hunting! And there in Richmond, Va...so shipping should be fast.
        Did the size I pick out look right?

Hey RCP, that is a good price and they look to be made very much like K&N's, but I need that dark red color to go with the colors on my bike.
        hmmmm...., maybe it is not that important. Are the as good as the K&N ones?

Comment

Originally posted by Bribird View Post
          Hey RCP, that is a good price and they look to be made very much like K&N's, but I need that dark red color to go with the colors on my bike.
          hmmmm...., maybe it is not that important. Are the as good as the K&N ones?
          The dark red color actually comes from the K&N oil that you impregnate the filter fibre with. The APE part number matches Sudco part number 005-121, which in the Sudco catalog cross references K&N Part number RC-0981, which is the single pod (a set of four would be K&N part # RC-0984).

I asked Pat at APE about a month ago if the the $59.95 was for a set, and he confirmed that it was.

- Richard

Comment

Originally posted by rcp View Post
            The dark red color actually comes from the K&N oil that you impregnate the filter fibre with. The APE part number matches Sudco part number 005-121, which in the Sudco catalog cross references K&N Part number RC-0981, which is the single pod (a set of four would be K&N part # RC-0984).

I asked Pat at APE about a month ago if the the $59.95 was for a set, and he confirmed that it was.

- Richard
            Can you speak of the quality or performance of these? Are you running them on your bike? My basic thought on this is you get what you pay for....usually. I know that is not always the case, but I run K&N filters in my van,RX7,V65, and the womans maxima. But .....they are not pods.

Comment

Can you speak of the quality or performance of these? Are you running them on your bike? My basic thought on this is you get what you pay for....usually. I know that is not always the case, but I run K&N filters in my van,RX7,V65, and the womans maxima. But .....they are not pods.
              Buy the APE ones. They are the same as K&N. They are probably MADE by K&N.
              85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
              79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

That is good to know

Originally posted by renobruce View Post
                Buy the APE ones. They are the same as K&N. They are probably MADE by K&N.

Comment

i have the round cone pods part number RC-2344, now that i see the amount of open space after the airbox is removed i think i wish i got the other K&N style ones the oblong offset style like everyone elses

Comment

Ok I just had a hell of a day at the shop. I will get into whats going on with my bike in a new post.

But with the carbs, I measured the OD of where the pods will go on the carbs and it seems to be exactly 52 mm or about 2 inches. My carbs are the BS32SS. I know the bore based on the specs is 32 mm. Am I still looking for 54mm or do I want the 51mm??

The ones on the APE page that RCP posted doesnt mention my bike , but does the 650 uses the same carbs as the 700-1150???Or at least have the same OD size intake side of the carb?

thanks guys, for all your help/input!!!

Comment

53mm is what DK shows and it fits just about every GS model.

my 82 GS850 takes a 54mm

Comment

Originally posted by kilog55 View Post
                        53mm is what DK shows and it fits just about every GS model.

my 82 GS850 takes a 54mm
                        DK???= Dennis Kirk??

so I need the 54mm? right?

Comment

Ok I just had a hell of a day at the shop. I will get into whats going on with my bike in a new post.

But with the carbs, I measured the OD of where the pods will go on the carbs and it seems to be exactly 52 mm or about 2 inches. My carbs are the BS32SS. I know the bore based on the specs is 32 mm. Am I still looking for 54mm or do I want the 51mm??

The ones on the APE page that RCP posted doesnt mention my bike , but does the 650 uses the same carbs as the 700-1150???Or at least have the same OD size intake side of the carb?

thanks guys, for all your help/input!!!
                          ok AFAIK we all have the BS32SS carbs atleast most of us do if they are stock so 1mm shouldnt matter too much i wouldnt think yeah DK dennis kirk but they dont show the K&N ones for your bike but everything i have seen online says 54mm so yeah

Comment

Originally posted by kilog55 View Post
                            i have the round cone pods part number RC-2344, now that i see the amount of open space after the airbox is removed i think i wish i got the other K&N style ones the oblong offset style like everyone elses
                            I like the looks of oval ones too. On the technical side, more filtration surface area, so less restriction.

Comment

yep they have alot more surface area and if they did get wet the offset of them would channel the moisture to the bottom unlike the cone style

Comment

Working...
                              X