Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

QUIZ: Can You Guess What Rear Shocks I Am Using?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QUIZ: Can You Guess What Rear Shocks I Am Using?

becuase I have no idea lol!

they're two springs, black and red. They dont seem to be stock. there is a graphic hidden behind a plastic trim piece I can't get to behind the spring-starts with an SU or SV...

The Su just denoted they were meant for a Suzuki. Can't help you with the manufacturer though.

Comment

As above su = suzuki at a guess

the comment i dont understand is where you say you cant cant get behind the plastic trim aren't you going to strip them for paint

Comment

No idea, I have the same problem with my 81 550. Shocks are in good shape, just need new bushings, but I have no idea what they are. They are stamped "PE330 made in the USA" on the body, and the upper bushing is stamped "Harris". Hate to get rid of them, pretty rare to find "made in the USA".

Comment

Originally posted by tone View Post
          As above su = suzuki at a guess

the comment i dont understand is where you say you cant cant get behind the plastic trim aren't you going to strip them for paint
          I'd love to strip them for paint, but honestly never done it to a shock before. I've had luck polishing springs with steel wool and it comes out nice, might try that again. Are you talking about disassembling the shock? I'd like to hear more about doing that...

Comment

Originally posted by midnightcafe View Post
            becuase I have no idea lol!

they're two springs, black and red. They dont seem to be stock. there is a graphic hidden behind a plastic trim piece I can't get to behind the spring-starts with an SU or SV...

my quess would be sw shocks, i couldn't find a picture but the springs useally came in blue and yellow? white? something, that or maybe progressive brand shocks with differant springs, does yours have adjustable dampening?

mmmansur,
            I have no idea, i was thinking maybe works performance shocks but all theres are inverted, might want to check some of the harley shock manufacturers maybe someone fit a pair of them. does yours have adjustable dampening?
            78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
            82 Kat 1000 Project
            05 CRF450x
            10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

By the rust on the shaft even when/if you clean them they will be pitted and and tossed in the bin i reckon

Comment

Red and Black ones...

Comment

They look like s&w shocks, plus the logo kind of gives it away. I had them on my bike when I bought it. I threw them out and bought some works shocks. Much better.

Comment

from what i have heard the s&w stuff wasn't very good.
                    78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
                    82 Kat 1000 Project
                    05 CRF450x
                    10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

S&W Street Stroker shocks. I had an identical set that had lost nearly all their fluid via pitted shafts. I stripped them down and glass beaded the springs and cups. Ready for paint or powder coat. I tossed the shocks but hung onto the rest of the bits. If you can use them their yours, Want them?

Comment

S&W shocks were made in Mexico, by Gabriel I believe. I worked for S&W briefly when I was in collage, just before they went out of business.

The shocks in question look similar to the S&W's, they look like Progressives as well except for the springs.
                        Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Working...
                        X