gs750 clutch slipping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gs750 clutch slipping?

hi. guys shawn here its been a bit since i'v been on.
    im still toying with this 81 gs750 custom as i call it.
    now with all the mods and bigger wheels it started
    slipping the clutch around 6500 - 8000 rpm.
    the clutch set is only 1 year old with no racing on them but i run it hard on the street but this only started after i installed the 200mm rear tire.
    any ideas or should i just buy new fiber plates and steels?

here's some photos of my baby.
    oh and i got my big motor last week. 82 gs1150 with a lil bit of mods

my new art work on my finder. all hand painted not air bushed.

side view

Thats a beastly machine which will require a top notch clutch to transfer that HP to the rear tire. I would just pull it apart and check it. Get a new gasket, clutch springs and maybe an APE hub nut. Measure the fibers and check the steels for warping. Look at the basket splines for wear that could be causing the plates to hang up. What kind of oil R U using ?
    82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Just shim the springs to add more spring pressure to stop the slipping. If the steels are burned hit them with some glass media bead blasting. Any warped steels you can find by putting them on a piece of glass and tapping around all around the steel. Good as new.

Comment

clutch

will after looking all over the net i found a deal on the hole setup.
        new fiber plates and steels. plus i got the 15% stronger springs. for $55.99
        i jumped on that deal every thing is EBC i think is what they said i know the spring or stock from 81 so maybe that was my hole deal.. but my fibers looked thin too. but im picking up all the parts i need to fix things i'v lost and HAVE NOT DONE YET but shes still in the works. next is the pin up on my tank. i may start a thread showing from start to were i am now. it pritty cool for a guy with no
        schooling about building a CUSTOM bike but i got skill's with my hands and love to be told you can't make that work...

and rapidray has been a very big help too !! i call him the gs GOD.

Comment

GOD is GOD Shawn, HE just uses me. Ray.

Comment

My clutch was slipping on my 750 same thing. I check it all out my steels were good so I bought new stock fibers and the heavier springs (dont remember which brand, Ebay).
            At first I put all six springs in but that was a little heavy in fact it broke my clutch cable.
            New clutch cable and now I only run 4 of the heavy springs and 2 old stock ones. No slip and clutch is very reasonable. I can pop it at redline and it doesnt slip well worth the money on the springs.

Comment

Working...
            X