Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the eights

Our own Kris V gets in the Eights!

I missed it and had to work but here it is!
    Good Job Kris!!!
    Last edited by chef1366; 04-22-2009, 03:00 AM.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Congrats Kris

Dink

Comment

Very Cool

Congrats Kris. Looks like fun. .

Jim

Comment

Good lord, that girl idles high. Reminds me of P-ported rotaries. Nice, clean, and amazingly quick run.

Comment

Congrats Kris! How much MPH did it run? Either it ran a buttload or you are just easy on the brakes because I have NEVER gotten to use the last turnoff at Bakersfield yet. I only run 145 though with the current motor. Ray.

Comment

Very cool! Who were you racing with? His bike was flying, too! What did he run?
            85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
            79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Very cool video. how did they mount the camera.

Comment

That was quite a run!!!

Comment

F-it....I was going to take the season off...but I got to get out there now...
                  Maybe the June race I can be ready....

Thanks for that video...

I wanted the 8s for so long and 9.0s is the best I've done....
                  Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                  '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Thanks for posting the video Bill, that was awesome!
                    Well done Kris, that looked like a sh!tload of fun!
                    Cheers

Comment

Thanks all, I was racing a ZX-14 and he did a 9.05 @ 143mph my official run was a 8.98 @ 156mph.

Ray, I always use the whole track due to the fact I weigh 260 lbs and I am on the binders until they glow ( the safety guys love watching me at night.)

My last run on Sun was the best one but not the fastest, from 60 ft mark to the end of the track I was on the wheelie bar and my wheelie bar wheels where starting to smoke. LIFE IS GOOD!

Comment

Awesome run !

You know your fast when your replacing wheelie wheels more than the slick.
                        1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
                        1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
                        1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
                        1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
                        01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

The Red Headed step Child

I did like the Woo Who at the timing shack . At about 750 lb's that going pertty fast . Now if you can only cut a light LoL Bahaha . Yes Kris is one of my friends . And we do beat each other up at the track and on the net . Kris little Joe went 7:45 for a personal best last week end in Las Vegas he made it too the second round . and Roy < well you know Roy go or blow . for Roy he will have to live down the loss too a ProStreet bike < A street bike LoL Bahaha , but PSB does run in 7:40 range .Con Grats KRIS that a kool angle for the Camera .

Comment

Originally posted by Kris V View Post
                            Thanks all, I was racing a ZX-14 and he did a 9.05 @ 143mph my official run was a 8.98 @ 156mph.

Ray, I always use the whole track due to the fact I weigh 260 lbs and I am on the binders until they glow ( the safety guys love watching me at night.)

My last run on Sun was the best one but not the fastest, from 60 ft mark to the end of the track I was on the wheelie bar and my wheelie bar wheels where starting to smoke. LIFE IS GOOD!
                            Oh come come 270 to the oz LoL

Comment

Oh come come 270 to the oz LoL

I fluctuate from time to time Not bad for a fat guy eh Grumps?

Comment

Working...
                              X