No announcement yet.

carb to fuel injection Builders Log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey all no real updates, i have however got found a oil catch can on ebay that i will convert to my fuel serge tank

here’s some pics of it

# Holds up to 750ml
    # Dimensions: 6.75" x 3.00" x 3.50"

Comment

Well I spent the morning working on the seat/relocating the battery and all the electronics from under the seat to the seat. I know moving the battery higher will throw off the center of gravity slightly but I’m not too worried about it. I wanted to keep the stock seat because I really like how you need a key to remove it and also it has a metal base.
      I also removed the rear fender/tail light/rear blinkers because I’m going to touch a led tail light and smaller blinkers under the seat

Comment

Hi Sorry have not been following your thread to closely, but thought of you when I ran into this.

A forum filled with write-ups, FAQ's, and visual aids for <br> mechanical & cosmetic modifications to your Katana.

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
          Hi Sorry have not been following your thread to closely, but thought of you when I ran into this.

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.p...ght=calculator
          Thanks for the great thread (ill prob take some of his settings when that time comes for a base)

i found this one the other day
          Get the premium .com domain you deserve. Seamless and professional transactions. Payment plans available.

Comment

Ok today I finished extending the wiring harness and making brackets/mounting everything on the seat that’s going to be relocated there, I also added my rear led turn signals and made a bracket for the plate and the led tail light. i still need to clean up the wireing a but you get the idea. Now I have room under the seat for the fuel surge tank and the microsquirt

Comment

So today I started to make the other 2 boots and I also started looking at how I’m going to mount the fuel serge tank I also made sure the fuel pump would fit in it and it fits nice

I also got some parts for the "part 2" of this build after I get the bike running right

(side note if anyone is looking for a set of 8 foggers there’s a good deal on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Holley-NOS-Nitrous-Oxide-Fogger-Nozzles-8-pieces_W0QQitemZ180363331946QQcmdZViewItemQQptZRac e_Car_Parts?hash=item29fe7e096a&_trksid=p4506.c0.m 245&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1171%7C240%3 A1318

they need the part the jet sits in so if you know where to get that this is a great deal)

Comment

What's the surge tank for?

Comment

well today I finished the last 2 boots that i needed to make and then put them on the bike, after that i looked to see how big of a spacer I needed to make, as it ends up I only needed to make a 5/8 spacer between the throttle body’s. After making the spacers I made the throttle body supports. drhach the tank is for the fuel pump

Comment

well today I worked on the fuel serge tank and i also worked on the gas tank by cutting the stock gas cap mounting point off and welding on the cbr gas cap mounting point and doing the first stage of bondo work put down, my 1/16 by 27 npt tap also came in today (if you’re looking for one of these taps DO NOT WAST YOUR TIME at any local hardware stores. I got into a argument for 10 min the other day with a clerk after I asked for one and he told me they didn’t make them and there was no such thing as that size) I drilled the holes for the foggers and taped them and then test fit the throttle body’s in the bike for n20 line spacing

Comment

Wouldn't it be better to put your foggers after the throttle plates, pointed toward the middle of the TBs, like the injectors are?

Looks like a tight fit for air cleaners, too.

Curious to see more.

Comment

I guess I don't understand why you would use surge tank rather than route the fuel directly back in to the existing gas tank.

Comment

Originally posted by arcturius View Post
                          Wouldn't it be better to put your foggers after the throttle plates, pointed toward the middle of the TBs, like the injectors are?

Looks like a tight fit for air cleaners, too.

Curious to see more.

Yea having the foggers after the tb plates would be ideal but I don’t have the space to put them there (tps sen. and
                          throttle bract are in the way on the inner 2 bodys). As for air filters ill prob make some air horns/velocity pipes and put screening on them for a filter

Originally posted by drhach View Post
                          I guess I don't understand why you would use surge tank rather than route the fuel directly back in to the existing gas tank.

Ok here’s my fuel system lay out in words (because I’m not done working on it yet to take pics)

oem fuel tank
                          to
                          Fuel serge tank with fuel pump in it (being gravity feed by oem fuel tank)
                          to
                          Fuel rail
                          to
                          Serge tank with fuel pump in it

Repeat until key is shut off or run out of fuel

Comment

So, you are doing this so that you can run a submersible fuel pump rather than an inline pump?

Comment

Originally posted by drhach View Post
                              So, you are doing this so that you can run a submersible fuel pump rather than an inline pump?

yes
                              i need 10 words to post this

Comment

Never let it be said that you took the easy way out. I hope this all works for you. You do still have your carbs just in case right?

Comment

Working...
                                X