No announcement yet.

GSXR/Katana Upgrades on my 550EF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clean looking pipe, the muff looks good if not a little "long" (my .02) how dose it sound?

Comment

maybe a little long........I shortened a different pipe and it didn't look right.

I went with the long piper to get the angle up in the air more......sound clip/movie uploading now

Comment

Before Exhaust mod (OEM 4to2):

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

After Exhaust mod (Kerker 4to1):

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

video/sound clip revving to 7k in the driveway
        Last edited by Guest; 06-04-2009, 09:52 PM.

Comment

let me just say ombray it took me the good part of a 1/2 hr to open the exhaust mod link (dial up ) and it was worth it! it sounds great and the pics you took of the rear sets didn’t do them justice, they really pop out in the vid and look outstanding

Comment

sorry about the twist of the throttle while holding the camera......I have to hold the choke right now to keep it running......tomorrow it goes into the shop for new jets/tuning

PODS and 4to1 require a good tune afterwards.......especially at 8000 feet!
            Last edited by Guest; 06-04-2009, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mostholycerebus View Post
              Holy crap, so they aren't simple bolt-ons that you can clamp down? That might be an issue. I was hoping there was still a clamp-on filter out there for our carbs.
              Dynojet kits are specifically tuned to this filter, HA-0750.........

Comment

Originally posted by Colorado85gs550 View Post
                Dynojet kits are specifically tuned to this filter, HA-0750.........
                I have the L (cruiser) version of this engine/carbs so I dunno if I can even use the Dynojet Stage 3. According to online microfiche our carbs have different jetting and a few different parts, but that MAY be because your intake and exhaust are different from mine. I'm hoping that using pods and a 4-in-1 make our intake/exhaust similar enough that I can use the Dynojet kit designed for the E (sportbike) model.

Bike looks pretty good so far!
                Last edited by Guest; 06-05-2009, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Colt View Post
                  We all were hoping those were not your shoes
                  I was a little more worried about the bracelet!!!!

Conversion's looking good!!
                  Mike

1982 GS1100EZ

Text messages with my youngest brother Daniel right after he was paralyzed:

Me: Hey Dan-O. Just wanted to say howdy & love ya!

Dan-O: Howdy and Love you too. Doing good, feeling good.

Me: Give 'em hell, Little Bro!

Dan-O: Roger that! :)

Comment

Thanks!!!!

More to come..........

Comment

Great stuff! You've really brought this mid-80s beauty kicking and screaming into the new millenia! Love the mods. Anything new to show...get the carbs settled out???
                      -KR

Comment

we're still working on the carbs!

I'm currently bracing the swingarm to mount the GSXR1000 chaingaurd and hugger! Pictures to come in the next week or so......

Comment

I'll be looking forward to it.
                          -KR

Comment

'78 TT500 clocks installed today, upper EF fairing cut out to fit my clubman's, 2008 GSXR 600 brake lines/splitter installed to complete front brake setup, Kerker header and mid-pipe ceramakoted flat black, fuel tank painted flat black..........

pictures coming soon!

Comment

jet stage 3 kit will be here Thursday, install will be Thursday afternoon
                              custom bracing will be completed then welded into place this weekend

tail piece painted flat black then installed tomorrow

custom ZX9 tail light with integrated turn signals coming this weekend

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X