GSXR/Katana Upgrades on my 550EF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by twiggy2cents View Post
    sheesh i thought my rear tire was nice and accommodating for the rear, you up your size and now after all the mods it looks small again. I would hate to see what the small tire looked like after all that

That picture doesn't do it justice though

when I sit on it it looks good still

Comment

If that wheel came from Dee, which IIRC you said it did, it came from the same person as the fork.

I just threw the 1150 idea out there since you were thinking about a wider, rounder fairing. It would probably be a little large for your bike.

The new tail piece makes the way the pipe and muffler exits look way better. With the stock tail it didn't look quite right. From the rear though it looks like it could stand to be tucked in a little closer.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks View Post
        The new tail piece makes the way the pipe and muffler exits look way better. With the stock tail it didn't look quite right. From the rear though it looks like it could stand to be tucked in a little closer.

I designed the pipe with the tail piece in mind.......

The pipe will get tucked in as I'm going to mount the passenger peg hangers inside the frame instead of on the outside...it will move in a full inch!

Comment

Comment

Comment

that tail piece really helps out that can with the matching angles

Comment

Here's what I have so far:

'86 GSX550EF Lower Fairings (Canada)
                '90 GSXR750 Slingshot front end/brake calipers
                '89 Katana 600 Wheels/rotors with Banke Performance spacers/bearings for 20mm axle
                '99 GSXR750 Rear Shock mounted upside down
                '05 GSXR750 Muffler
                Kerker GS550E 4-1 Header with custom mid pipe
                '98 SRAD 750 Tail Section/Seat
                '98 ZX9 Tail Light
                '07 GSXR750 Master Cylinder/Front Brake Lines/Lever Assy
                '07 GSXR750 Clutch Lever Assy
                '05 GSXR600 Passenger Pegs/Brackets
                '78 TT500 Clocks
                Clubman bars and custom risers
                Harris Sportbike Gel Grips
                Dynojet Stage 3 kit
                K&N Pods
                Dynotek Green Coils/7mm Wires
                Dunlop D208 140/70-17 Rear Tire
                Dunlop Qualifier 110/70-17 Front Tire
                13t Front/46t Rear 530 Sprockets
                DID Pro Racer 530 O-Ring Chain with rivet link
                '89 GSXR750 upper fairing coming soon..........
                Last edited by Guest; 06-17-2009, 12:31 AM.

Comment

Woooo-weeee; that tail really changed the personality of the bike, eh? Pretty cool.

A couple thoughts: the exhaust has a visually "odd" bend to it...; and I'm wondering if a bona-fide set of clip-ons would clean up the top triple a bit???

Last thought: can you "photoshop" your ideas for paint?

Lookin' good. Baddest GS550 EVER! Keep it up!

-KR

Comment

I haven't quite figured out what I want to do with the exhaust yet......maybe a completely different can!

I don't have photoshop and I don't know how to use it anyways.......

I have been fighting myself over the issue of some factory clip-ons, the top triple was drilled/tapped with risers when I got the front end from Billy Ricks.......it cost less for the clubmans than a set of clip-ons at the time. If I could find someone who would trade me the top triple I have with the risers and clubmans for another top triple with clip-ons I would!

Right now I'm trying to find some 88-90 GSXR750 lower fairings/scoop to match up with my upper that I just got. I installed my Optronics Platinum Burners Series dual running lights today............

ZX9 tail light has integrated turn signals now too

Comment

if you know how to use Photoshop, could you work up some photo shots for me?

I want to go with mostly black with orange and red designs to match the seat and grips I have some red-orange wheel stripes ready to go for when I paint the wheels to match.....

Comment

I'm too old school to know how to make photo-shop work...sorry! What mm size are your forks; bet somebody would take you up on your "trade for clip-ons" deal.
                        -KR

Comment

I have the ZX9 Tail Light installed, working, and integrated Turn Signals!

I drilled a 3rd hole in the center of the rear for the Brake light 1157 and used the 2 holes for the original brake lights and wired 1156 sockets into them for the Turn Signals.......The center lights up constant when running and brightens with brake applied, the 2 cirles light up for corresponding Turn Signal!

Comment

I'll post a video in the dark this weekend to show how they work.......

Comment

and here is my Headlight setup:

Comment

the left one lights up for running lights and is set at normal running lamp heighth.........the right one lights up for brights and is set for "HIGH" level running lamp

I'll post a video of my headlight setup at night this weekend as well.....

Comment

Working...
                                X