X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

here you go steve murdoch

you asked for more pics of my pipe
    so here you go
    i bought the pipe itself in 1994 it's made by hindle it came with a crappy can that i didn't like but put up with until about 2 weeks ago
    then i ordered a 14" X 2 1/4 " black anodized oval SuperSport muffler from hindle
    part # NGPR14225OV (i believe that this is the correct part # as far as i can recall)
    so i'l post em in order from the head pipe to the can

it's a tight fit and as you can see i have to remove the pipe to change the oil

had to loose the center stand for this baby

now my frame has been modified a fair bit and one of the mods was to cut the passanger foot rest (i will show more of this later) so the pipe would fit
    Last edited by Guest; 01-13-2010, 03:23 AM.

here's the new can

as for the rear hanger well that was easy as you can see by the pic it was not complicated at all

Comment

now here's a pic of the frame mod from the left side of the bike (easier to see what i did )

now here's the stock frame from my parts bike

so as you can see by the pics here that the passenger pegs are totally different from stock and if you look close you'll see that my frame is very well braced from steering head to tail
      and before anyone asks yes that is a 1100 aluminum swing arm on the parts bike but it's not as strong as the braced one that's on my 1000

Comment

here's the custom fork brace that a friend made for me many years ago lost touch with him now kinda wish i hadn't

Comment

I like the Bike and the Mods you have done but may I suggest a can of LPS for all that rust.
          82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by isleoman
            Spyder, I like the Hindle can. Perfectly sized and placed to look right on your bike. I've never heard a Hindle on a GS it looks like it might be loud based on how little baffle I can see. Is it?
            ya it's loud when i put it on i could see right through it 2.25" diameter from inlet to outlet tip
            i'll see what i can do about getting a video of it running for you to listen to

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
              I like the Bike and the Mods you have done but may I suggest a can of LPS for all that rust.
              ya i plan on getting rid of the rust this winter i hope anyhow

Comment

Thanks for the pics, Spyder.
                I have a Kerker header and Yosh muffler that will need the passenger bracket removed...if i use it.
                2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                  I have a Kerker header and Yosh muffler that will need the passenger bracket removed...if i use it.
                  it's worth it take a look at mine and be sure to brace the top portion as it is on mine dont want the pipe to move from a bent rear peg mount

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                    Steve, I have a Kerker with a Yosh muffler on my GS1K. Can still change the oil, keep the center stand, and no passenger peg mods at all. If you wanna see detailed pics of it, let me know. It's pretty simple and cheap, and looks really good. I got compliments from my superbike racer neighbor on it.

Comment

Sharp bike, Rudy! I don't recall seeing a pic of it before, with your other cool examples.

Spyderman, that Hindle looks great on your GS! Another member (from B.C., I think) sold a similar chrome full system here, a few weeks ago, & it's now on someone's Katana.

How are you liking those Fox shocks? I have installed them on my bike too, and the ride is superb (comfortable), but I do find them a tad plush for sport riding, even on max preload and 200 psi, as recommended for 200-210 lbs. Some stiffer springs may be in order.

Tony.
                      '82 GS1100E

Comment

Originally posted by Mysuzyq View Post
                        Another member (from B.C., I think) sold a similar chrome full system here, a few weeks ago, & it's now on someone's Katana.
                        Yep - I bought that system;

The cannister mounting clamp didn't seem quite right - I called the number on Hindle's website and they shipped out the correct stainless clamp and rubber protector. I was kind of surprised to find parts were still available.

Hindle Exhaust Systems is a leading manufacturer of aftermarket motorcycle exhaust systems. Our systems yield siginificant horsepower increases as well as overall weight reduction. Street, Race, MX, ATV, Snowmobile exhausts.

This system replaced a baffled Kerker and it is MUCH quieter.

Comment

Originally posted by Mysuzyq View Post
                          Sharp bike, Rudy! I don't recall seeing a pic of it before, with your other cool examples.

Spyderman, that Hindle looks great on your GS! Another member (from B.C., I think) sold a similar chrome full system here, a few weeks ago, & it's now on someone's Katana.

How are you liking those Fox shocks? I have installed them on my bike too, and the ride is superb (comfortable), but I do find them a tad plush for sport riding, even on max preload and 200 psi, as recommended for 200-210 lbs. Some stiffer springs may be in order.

Tony.
                          tony my foxes are fantastic i run 10 PSI i them and the springs are set in the middle as you can see in my pic
                          they are great in the twisties
                          however a large part of that is my frame is very stiff and well braced and my fork brace keeps the them from twisting so the suspention only has to deal with the road and it's imperfections instead of having to deal with a flexing frame twisting forks and the road
                          oh FYI i'm 6' 4" and 220 lbs
                          take a close look at my pegs and you'll see that i can push this bike very hard in the turns when i want to
                          good luck sorting out your fox shocks
                          if there is more that i can tell you please let me know

Comment

Originally posted by rudy View Post
                            Steve, I have a Kerker with a Yosh muffler on my GS1K. Can still change the oil, keep the center stand, and no passenger peg mods at all. If you wanna see detailed pics of it, let me know. It's pretty simple and cheap, and looks really good. I got compliments from my superbike racer neighbor on it.

Great looking bike, Rudy!
                            If you could give me a description or pic of the mid-pipe/junction that would help.
                            Also, what did you use for the exhaust split collars?
                            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by isleoman
                              Spyder, I like the Hindle can. Perfectly sized and placed to look right on your bike. I've never heard a Hindle on a GS it looks like it might be loud based on how little baffle I can see. Is it?
                              here's an update on if it's Loud or not
                              as i was on my home tonight from work i rounded the corner onto my cul de sac i was in first gear doing maybe 2000 RPM and as i went by the car i set off the alarm
                              as i walked into the house i was laughing my head off

Comment

Working...
                              X