Electronic ignition?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by avastyematey View Post
    This is exactly the same thing that is happening to me. Have you tracked down your ghost yet?

I feel like its either the coils or pickups. when they get too hot start to breakdown. so i will be running some tests on them to figure out which

Comment

Figure it out yet?
      I just got a 82 GS850 and am in the process of doing too many things at once, its a mess.. A full electrical tuneup is one of em.
      Would like to see any results you may have found.
      sigpic

82 GS850
      78 GS1000
      04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
      .................________-|___\____
      ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Yea my pickups were shot.. I am fitting a new dyna s ignition system which will eliminate all my problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Beaver View Post
          I have been sitting here for a while reading on his website about everyhing I am going to be doing to my bike over the next year, but as hard as I might look I couldn't find the mod you mention. Could someone do me a huge favour and throw me a direct link to it?

Cheers
          Try this link for the coil relay mod.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzuki_Don View Post
            Try this link for the coil relay mod.

http://members.dslextreme.com/users/...relay_mod.html

Thanks for that, I have bought the parts and have started to clean up my electrical system with the idea of making it a little more efficient. Luckily the previous owner has already done a bit and I have inherited it with all new fuse box, stator, and various other little changes. I just haven't quite gotten as far as the coil relay mod.

I was also curious about the whole timing thing that blowerbike mentioned as that is next on the list...

Comment

Working...
            X