Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible Bassani exhaust source; Who's interested?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible Bassani exhaust source; Who's interested?

I've come across a guy who evidently has the equipment to make Bassani exhausts. Haven't contacted him yet, but have been referred to him by two different guys who have been in the racing circles forever. Wanted to gauge potential interest from those on the site before I give the guy a call. Don't know if he'd even be willing to do it, but I figured if a decent group would be interested in purchasing (as long as it's cost prohibitive of course) it might make it worth his time and effort. If you're interested let me know.

I'm in for at LEAST one, maybe two! If the cost isn't crazy anyway. Ray.

Comment

My interest is always peaked with exhaust. SS pehaps?

Comment

Well hell. Called the guy and he's now too busy with a supercross team and doesn't have the time to make any exhausts. Crap. Sorry to get hopes up.

Comment

Damn.
          Got just a tad bit excited there.

Comment

Hold on to his number, and pester him when it starts getting cold out or the economy tanks again....
            78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
            82 Kat 1000 Project
            05 CRF450x
            10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

Im for SURE in for ONE. likely two if they're not crazy, and if they're cheap, I will take three (hey, they're small)

Comment

Originally posted by russr33 View Post
                Well hell. Called the guy and he's now too busy with a supercross team and doesn't have the time to make any exhausts. Crap. Sorry to get hopes up.
                +1: Try him again in the off season, I would be in for one
                Steve

1979 GS1000E (45 Yrs), 1981 GPz550 (11 Yrs)

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
                  Im for SURE in for ONE. likely two if they're not crazy, and if they're cheap, I will take three (hey, they're small)
                  +1 on the one two or three, depends on how many pipeless GSes I have at the time.
                  http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

I would be interested in one
                    1982 GS1000S Katana
                    1982 GS1100E

Comment

I'd like to see what they'd look like first. I've only seen them for v-twin cruisers on motorcycles. Nice quality, but I lived in Missouri for a while so - show me!

Comment

Fill me in

I know the name, but what is the deal with them?

Comment

Originally posted by reddirtrider View Post
                          I'd like to see what they'd look like first. I've only seen them for v-twin cruisers on motorcycles. Nice quality, but I lived in Missouri for a while so - show me!
                          My thoughts exactly...anyone have a pic of one?

Comment

Bassani made sweet, serious superbike pipes back in the '80s.
                            Smooth bends, large diameter collectors, no centerstand or oil-drain access.
                            Huge, barky baffles. AFAIK, all of them were Kal-Gard flat black finish.
                            Rare as hen's teeth these days.

I believe they are still in business, but focused on the V-8 performance market now.

Comment

Bassani exhausts were kown for quality and a great sound. Salty Monk has one on one of his bike I believe. From what I can tell we could probably get 10+ orders pretty easily. I'll give him a call around November.

Comment

Working...
                              X