No announcement yet.

NIB smoothbores onebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honda DOHC spacing, spigots and jetting.

On CR's the spacing is adjustable, but if you have to buy spigots and rejet, you could easily add $200-$300 on top of the price you paid for them.

CR35's are pretty big too. CR's don't have an accelerator pump (FCR's do) so for stock or lightly modded 1000's or 1100's CR33's would probably be a better choice.

Comment

They are over priced & at MOST worth his opening bid price. I buy & sell these all day long for 400 a set in great shape, just not NEW. He has the MSRP price for FCRs listed for his & that is INCORRECT. Ray.

Comment

Makes me wish i still had my cb 900f and a few hundred to spend on carbs.

Comment

What are the FCR's exactly?
          1979 GS1000E (44 Yrs), 1981 GPz550
          Departed: 1970 Yamaha R5A, 1971 R5B, 1975 Honda XL250, 1983 Suzuki PE175, 1983 CB1100F, 1983 BMW R100RS, 1992 ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by srsupertrap View Post
            What are the FCR's exactly?
            FCR's are Keihin's successor to the roundslide CR's. They are flatslides with an accelerator pump. CR's are still a nice carb, but you need to 'roll' into the throttle whereas you can pretty much 'whack' the throttle open on FCR's. FCR's aren't allowed in most vintage race classes, whereas CR's are.

FCR's;

..and a video of a set on an off topic bike (the slide rattle is normal);

Comment

Thanks for the info . . . I appreciate it
              1979 GS1000E (44 Yrs), 1981 GPz550
              Departed: 1970 Yamaha R5A, 1971 R5B, 1975 Honda XL250, 1983 Suzuki PE175, 1983 CB1100F, 1983 BMW R100RS, 1992 ST1100

Comment

$400 will get you a decent used rack of Mikuni RS flat slides, that use standard Mikuni jets, and have an accelerator pump....though to be fair, those are probably in the $600-$700 range as well, brand new.
                Though I'm not sure you can whack those open from low revs, even with the pump.

Tony.
                '82 GS1100E

Originally posted by themess
                Only in your own mind did you refute what I wrote.

Comment

I would soon spend 700 for new than 400 for used sight unseen however...Just me..

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
                    I would soon spend 700 for new than 400 for used sight unseen however...Just me..
                    True...on ebay, it's a crap shoot. I got mine in Canada, from a guy who purchased them new while putting together a track bike, and sold his bikes and a bunch of parts the following year. He had another set of Keihin carbs on sale that were taper-bored, and supposedly pretty trick, but I had never heard of the concept and went for the RS.

BTW, I saw too late that you were unloading your Ohlins shocks....I would have checked to see if we could work out a deal, if you were interested in the carbs . I do want to try them, but my bike is running pretty sweet & strong with the other 36's and I'm in no big hurry to disturb that, and begin messing with it again.

Tony.
                    '82 GS1100E

Originally posted by themess
                    Only in your own mind did you refute what I wrote.

Comment

Working...
                    X