Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much work would it take..

..to make an 1100E run like this?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Not so much the top end, but the grunt!

It would be cheaper to buy the ZRX
    1978 GS 1000 (since new)
    1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
    1978 GS 1000 (parts)
    1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
    1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
    1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
    2007 DRz 400S
    1999 ATK 490ES
    1994 DR 350SES

Comment

My dragbike runs 0-145 in only a quarter of a mile & it is only 141 HP at the rear wheel. It doesn't take as much money as people think to make a GS1100 SCAREY fast! Call me at 714-356-7845 if you are seriously interested. Ray.

Comment

my gs goes 0~151 and it has less power than Ray's call me if you want to go fast cheap.
        SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

my bike has constant problems and doesnt make it over 110 unless on a longgg road. Call me if you wanna trade!

Comment

Being a KISS kind of guy, I was looking at an APE engine kit. I have assembled a bike engine before (Seca Turbo), and I have done a LOT of wrenching on bikes and industrial machinery. I could pull the engine and do it over the winter at work, where I have all the tools I need and a place to work. I figure putting $2000 or so in parts into the bike for an appreciable performance increase would not be out of line, as selling the bike and buying something a lot newer is gonna cost you at least that much anyway. At the risk of committing blasphemy, I'll admit I have my 1100 and my XS650 up for sale locally, but have had no interest expressed in buying them. There is a very clean ZRX across the border in Quebec for sale for about the price I was expecting to get for both, and there are even Blackbirds and ZZR1200's for not much more, even a Hayabusa if I feel like taking a 3hr drive to go get it, which I would! I'm not saying I don't love my 1100, but time marches on, and I have always owned old bikes and would like to reap a few of the rewards of the progress of technology that has come to pass in the last 25 years or so.

Comment

no hayabusas' in pro stock motorcycle class NHRA buell, harley 4 valve, and the trusted gs1100 base engines.
              SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Originally posted by trippivot View Post
                my gs goes 0~151 and it has less power than Ray's call me if you want to go fast cheap.
                That's a CROCK & you know it! PLUS, mine has STOCK cams! Ray.

Comment

There have been some tempting deals on the Honda Blackbirds around here lately... relatively low mileage bikes in the mid four grand ballpark. It seems they don't enjoy the same resale market as the 'Busa, and are expensive for the squids to insure. I've ridden one.....very smooth, refined, and awesomely quick....probably faster than that Z-Rex, with half the drama. Check them out.....you won't be disappointed!

Tony.
                  '82 GS1100E

Comment

A Blackbird is my next bike purchase. The S is great for local stuff, but I want to get out-of-town from time to time as well.

Comment

Originally posted by twiggy2cents View Post
                      my bike has constant problems and doesnt make it over 110 unless on a longgg road. Call me if you wanna trade!
                      BWAHAHAHAHHHAHHAAHHA good stuff.

Comment

BTW, I dont think it would take MUCH work to get a GS to do that. A Zrex is no lightweight sport bike. As a matter of fact, its dry weight is listed as only a few pounds less than a GS11. Couple that with the fact that most of that motor is old tech KZ stuff, aside from moving the rotor off the end of the crank, and having an actual alternator in its place, and you're not looking at a LOT of new age stuff.

Comment

the blackbird was the fastest production motorcycle for about 5 minutes until the release of the hayabusa.
                          NO STANDARD BIKE IS EVEN CLOSE TO THE HONDA's performance.
                          the fuel injected blackbird is a better bike overall but the deals seem to be on the 1st couple year blackbirds(carborated).
                          hayabusa's can be bought in the low 5k range with milage in the low 20's or teens..
                          i pick the suzuki for the same or similer money as a blackbird.
                          ive owned 5 hayabusa's at differant times...evil fast motorcycle's even when dead stock.

Comment

Working...
                          X