katana 1100 with steering damper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

katana 1100 with steering damper

I just fitted my katana with a damper. Wanted to do it with my last frame but it was powder coated when I thought about it so this one has outfitted.

She is a tight fit under all the plastic and fairing frame but she is all clear

KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Nice!!!
    It look like a old gsxr damper.
    Marc
    https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ie_twisted.gif AIR COOLED MONSTERS NEVER DIE https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ie_twisted.gif
    1978 GS1000C X2
    1978 GS1000E X2
    1979 GS1000S
    1979 gs1000
    1983 gs400e

Comment

Originally posted by kochic View Post
      Nice!!!
      It look like a old gsxr damper.
      Marc
      The damper is a 2003 gsxr 1000 unit.
      KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

You can also mount them to the fairing brackets if you don't want to modify the frame;

Comment

Originally posted by pontiacstogo View Post
          You can also mount them to the fairing brackets if you don't want to modify the frame;
          Looks like that may be tough to get the plastic back on?
          KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Originally posted by katman View Post
            Looks like that may be tough to get the plastic back on?
            Fits under the fairing fine - I do have to remove the lower fairing cover on the RH side if I want to change the adjustment on the damper. This isn't a problem though as I pretty much leave it on the same setting anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by pontiacstogo View Post
              Fits under the fairing fine - I do have to remove the lower fairing cover on the RH side if I want to change the adjustment on the damper. This isn't a problem though as I pretty much leave it on the same setting anyway.
              Nice job...

I looked through your pics but couldn't find one with the damper installed. Also, you are using standard forks yes? much narrower than the gsxr forks. I don't think that setup will work with the USD forks but I am going to check it out.
              Last edited by katman; 07-26-2009, 04:04 PM.
              KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

works good like this too.

Comment

Originally posted by katman View Post
                  Nice job...

I looked through your pics but couldn't find one with the damper installed. Also, you are using standard forks yes? much narrower than the gsxr forks. I don't think that setup will work with the USD forks but I am going to check it out.
                  I don't think I have a photo of it installed. It's definitely mounted to stock forks - not sure how it would work on anything else. And I can't take credit for the idea - that's the mount that comes with the RC Engineering damper kit for the Katanas.

Comment

Just as a follow up - I had the tank and side panels off today to fit an oil cooler so I thought I'd take some pictures of the damper;

Comment

very nice and neat install katman. likin it a lot!
                      1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Originally posted by 1978GS1000custom View Post
                        works good like this too.
                        Any other pics of the mounting points themselves?
                        I have a similar bike and a couple dampeners to try.
                        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Comment

the mounting bracket is made from a piece of dom tubing and a 3/8 socket head cap screw that is welded. it is held on by 6 stainless 1/4-28 socket head cap screws. the fork mount is oem . i can make you one of these brackets if you need for the cost of materials and shipping.

Comment

I got to looking at your mounting pics 1978GSCustom and I finally figured out how I could mount a similar unit on mine. No it doesn't fit as you have yours, the brakes lines get in the way; I had to flip it around. Good news is I use the OEM ESD fairing mount (8mm)and opened up the lower triple bolt hole to 8mm.

Last edited by posplayr; 09-15-2009, 03:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X