Hel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hel

has anyone else delt with HEL? Or had any issues with them. Ordered a set of stainless brake lines for my bike nearly a month ago now. have called..no answer or returned calls and no replies to my emails either. Anyone know if its normal to take this long?

Was your credit card charged? If not, maybe they never received the order.
    If you need to reorder, you may want to try

they carry a good selection of brake lines including HEL.

Comment

I've also been very happy with Spiegler:
      Spiegler Performance Parts was founded on the concept of providing motorcycle enthusiasts custom motorcycle accessories and performance parts via inno

They normally make and ship your lines the same day or the next.

Lots of people are also very happy with Paragon Performance (you probably have to call to order, but they've treated a lot of people here very well) :
      Stainless Steel Braided PTFE Hose, Custom Brake Lines, Washing Machine Hose, stainless steel braided PTFE, heat pump hoses, power trim hoses, silicone vacuum tube and Audi Performance

Same deal -- they make and ship your lines within a day or so of placing the order.

So call HEL, and if they don't get you sorted out immediately, there are better choices. There's no reason to make anyone wait.
      Last edited by bwringer; 08-16-2009, 10:11 PM.
      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
        I've also been very happy with Spiegler:
        Spiegler Performance Parts was founded on the concept of providing motorcycle enthusiasts custom motorcycle accessories and performance parts via inno

They normally make and ship your lines the same day or the next.

Lots of people are also very happy with Paragon Performance (you probably have to call to order, but they've treated a lot of people here very well) :
        Stainless Steel Braided PTFE Hose, Custom Brake Lines, Washing Machine Hose, stainless steel braided PTFE, heat pump hoses, power trim hoses, silicone vacuum tube and Audi Performance

Same deal -- they make and ship your lines within a day or so of placing the order.

So call HEL, and if they don't get you sorted out immediately, there are better choices. There's no reason to make anyone wait.
        before i start to design my brake lines on spiegler and idea what they charge?

Comment

hel

I bought a set of HEL lines for my 1981 850. The rear line was a little shorter than OEM but works well and looks great. The three line set for the front was a problem. One line was too short and I tried them many different ways. I called their toll free number and they were very helpful, apologized and will send a replacement. I bought Galfer for a bike in the past with NO problems, so I probably won't use HEL again. I got the lines in a week after ordering directly from HEL

Comment

Originally posted by elevatorman71 View Post
            before i start to design my brake lines on spiegler and idea what they charge?
            Spiegler's costs are about the same or better than the others, but an engineer will review your design and email you a price estimate the next day. I've always found them to be quite reasonable.

The biggest problem with older bikes is that there really aren't very many standard measurements -- almost every GS gets new handlebars at some point, so it's impossible to tell how long the front lines need to be without measuring.
            Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

thank you brian i will be looking into it soon to spruce up the lady

Comment

Originally posted by elevatorman71 View Post
                thank you brian i will be looking into it soon to spruce up the lady
                Spiegler is right up the road from you in Dayton, OH.
                Eat more venison.

Comment

good excuse to ride! road trip!

Comment

The top line on my 850 HEL lines was too short also. I Just used the original.
                    I got my lines from HEL UK in about a week.

Comment

I tried buying some SS lines for another bike; they never returned my calls, so I had 'em made up at a local speed shop.
                      I have Russel lines on my GS 1000.

Comment

You can make your own lines with Earl's parts for cheaper than purchasing premade lines. Lots of members here have made their own with great results. http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=114521

As an aside, the guy that runs AN Plumbing said that the bolt on hose ends are significantly more secure than crip on ends. Not saying crimped brake lines are bad just saying that these parts are very high quality and make a very secure seal. Don't fall into the trap of thinking more expensive stuff is better.
                        Last edited by Nessism; 08-17-2009, 11:47 PM.
                        Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Yes CC was charged. they actually finally called me yesterday. Said they apologized for the delay but my lines were on back order. said they should be here this week. cant wait..its all thats keeping my bike from moving..errrr stopping hehe

Comment

Working...
                          X