What kind of exhaust is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What kind of exhaust is this?

I bought this exhaust locally, but he said he said he's not sure what brand it is. He said he thinks it's Kerker. I just repainted it today with some VHT flameproof paint. It's for my 78' GS750

Kerker/Mac. Mac bought Kerker some years back. Used their design, but unfortunately didnt retain the quality.

Comment

Alright, so is this an earlier design or newer mac? It originally had like a glossy paint job. I repainted to fix some scratches and rust.

Comment

Hard telling honestly. I would bet its a Mac if it had a glossy paint job on it..

Comment

Kerker
          Once fierce competitors, SuperTrapp purchased Kerker in 1991 and has worked to reinvigorate the brand, introducing dozens of new products since the purchase. Kerker exhausts have a long-standing reputation for quality and satisfaction and have long been popular with both the racing circuit and the street rider. They deliver superior top end power in one of the most lightweight designs available. The systems feature Dyno-developed cores for optimum performance, billet CNC aluminum flange adaptors and packing specially engineered utilizing sound absorption technology. Kerker is also fast becoming known for styling innovation with round and elliptical canisters and sleek rainbow titanium finishes.

Comment

mac is a low end/heavy/not known as a performance company.
            i just had to tell ya

Comment

Originally posted by blowerbike View Post
              mac is a low end/heavy/not known as a performance company.
              i just had to tell ya
              Dunno where you got that info Terry, but Mac bought the old Kerker design years back. They also STILL offer replacement baffles for Kerker pipes. Now, I dunno if they bought ALL the designs, like the later canisters and what not, but the early pipe like this one, is a Kerker design, probably manufactured by Mac (which still produces this design) Look around for old Kerker pipe baffle replacements...they're sold thru Mac, the two pipes are identical, except as you said, Mac uses inferior quality metal and finishing components...

Comment

google it.
                mac pipes dont have a megaphone shape.
                kerker and V&H does.
                mac baffles are the same size on either end unlike a megaphone collector.
                what i just copied and paste was from a google search.
                this guys pipe looks like a kerker megaphone system.

Comment

Ive got TWO of those in my garage. They BOTH have the same end, same baffle. One says Kerker. nice pipe for the day. The other says MAC, and its nearly the same pipe, little straighter actually, same baffle, but not as good of a finish as evidenced by the flaking finish and rust..heh...

Comment

Comment

Here ya go.... bottom of the page.. replacement baffle for Kerker pipe, made by Mac

Comment

Supertrap bought Kerker back in the day. Maybe Supertrap sold the properly rights for the old stuff to Mac?
                        Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

original kerker baffle cones was aluminum.
                          i see mac offers there design baffle's for kerker's for less money.
                          my link shows supertrapp acquiring the company in the early 90's.
                          i don't believe mac makes complete kerker systems.

Comment

don't make me get a certain person for back up here
                            anyways,
                            i'm done.

Comment

So this is kerker exhaust? The finish was good other than where it looked like it was scrapped in the front and a few other places where the finish was chipped. Kinda reminded me of my friend who just got headers, but his was ceramic coated. Either way there is no tag anywhere on the pipe or muffler. Google is no help for me since I tried searching.

Comment

Working...
                              X