No announcement yet.

Mac 4 into 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought a Mac, one time, for one of my GS's.
    I ended up putting on a V&H.

(I also prefer Kerker to the MAC.)

Comment

honestly, they are all good (kerker, yosh, mac, v&h...ec). get whatever you can find and whatever you like the looks of. One note, if u don't want to have take headers off to change oil, be mindful of that (trust me, it's a bit of a pita).

Comment

I have a MAC on my kat, The black rusted inside of a heated garage within 6 months, the chrome took a year. I was forced to buy it in an emergency, but never again. My old V+H megaphone lasted 14 years as a comparison. YMMV

Comment

Originally posted by Can_O_Tuna View Post
          I have a MAC on my kat, The black rusted inside of a heated garage within 6 months, the chrome took a year. I was forced to buy it in an emergency, but never again. My old V+H megaphone lasted 14 years as a comparison. YMMV
          I will not be getting one of those.

I have been working with a guy in CA. regarding pipes. He tells me a company is gettign ready to release a new header for the old Katana in Jan. They will only come Chrome though, and price point about 450.00.

We have been discussing a run of 4-2-1 pipes but that requires a 30,000.00 investment which works out to 300.00 per header.
          KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Comment

What options are left for the 1000-1100's?

I am going to be needing a new pipe sometime next year, so keep me in mind if that company start producing pipes for the Kat.

I remember seeing a Star racing pipe on some bikes at rally's, which looked great, but have never been able to find them...maybe I was dreaming.

Comment

Originally posted by Can_O_Tuna View Post
              What options are left for the 1000-1100's?

I am going to be needing a new pipe sometime next year, so keep me in mind if that company start producing pipes for the Kat.

I remember seeing a Star racing pipe on some bikes at rally's, which looked great, but have never been able to find them...maybe I was dreaming.
              I am talking with another company RE: kat pipes I am trying to get them to make them in Stainless. I have to buy 25 headers though so I don't know.
              KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

I think there would be a lot of interest in the second option (4-2-1 pipe, at $300) here on the forum....why not start a thread to gauge potential & go from there? The price is certainly attractive....if it looks good and works well, the numbers may be there.

Tony.
                '82 GS1100E

Originally posted by themess
                Only in your own mind did you refute what I wrote.

Comment

Originally posted by Mysuzyq View Post
                  I think there would be a lot of interest in the second option (4-2-1 pipe, at $300) here on the forum....why not start a thread to gauge potential & go from there? The price is certainly attractive....if it looks good and works well, the numbers may be there.

Tony.
                  Well, the problem with the 300.00 are the 30,000.00 up front cost. Not going to happen and, they are being made for Mac funny enough.

I have another option in the works. will see how that pans out. 4-2-1 stainless.
                  KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Working...
                  X