Mikuni RS 34mm carbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 48woody View Post
    Hello Just wondering are all flatside carbs, RS or are there different types of flatside. reasoning I'm asking is when looking at ebay and other sites, I've seen flatside carbs, but no mention of being RS models. thanks

There are CV flat slides and most of the new carbs use flat slides. The RS series are made specifically for racing and they are mechanical vs. vacuum (CV). If you look at the carbs from the GSXR's and Katana's, they're all flat slides but are CV actuated. Sometimes I think I should have gone with CV's as they are much smoother through the low and mid-range circuits and really are better suited for around town use and general street riding but I can honestly say that I absolutely LOVE the thrill of the rush the accelerator pump gives you. So, it's all a big give and take.

Cheers.

Don

Comment

Carbs

My 1150 came with a push pull cable, would that be ok for the Mikuni RS carbs?

Comment

Originally posted by acme View Post
        A push/pull throttle will have two cables. The only reason your 1150 would have one is if someone already switched over to mechanical carbs.

Comment

Originally posted by acme View Post

Yes, as long as the lengths reach the carbs without binding.

Comment

Question

Originally posted by don_gibb6512 View Post
            Yes, as long as the lengths reach the carbs without binding.

Thanks,
            Another dumb question , SUDCO's web site has 2 versions of the RS36 carbs, one list a part# RS36-D9-K which is for for left side Bell Crank and part# RS36-D3-K for center bell crank. Then the RS36-D9-K has an asterisk saying, "Uses left-side throttle linkage." I think I know what it means, but just checking...
            Below links show what I talking about. Is the picture of the RS carbs (4) mounted together a RS D9-K or a RS D3-K ? What does a stock 1100 and 1150 have? The one in the picture is what I need Enough questions for today....

Thanks..

Comment

2 years ago Pingel had the best price on RS carbs, when I bought mine. Beware of used carbs with repaired float posts.

Comment

Working...
              X