Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suzuki GS450s ignition upgrade vid

Hi sorry if this post is in wrong place

but here is short vid of my Suzuki's ignition upgrade. I long time ago ask here some help with this same bike and problem was the original ignitionbox. And I didn't find anywhere new one so here is how it works now.

ps. Sorry my bad english again

Suzuki GS450s '85 with programmable ignition + some other small changes

pps. Ask and comment I try to answer

Btw. does anyone know what is correct advance in this bike ?? and any suggestion for new exhaust system let's try what this engine can give

Comment

Depends on what type of gas you are using. I would start about
      +12 deg BTDC as static timing (idle)and 20-25 deg in the advance unit all in by 2500 RPM Keep an eye on the plugs and listen for it to ping don't go over about 37 deg total with todays crapy gas.
      GS850 calls for 17 deg at idle and 37 deg above 2350 rpm GS 450 should be simillar
      Last edited by Guest; 09-23-2009, 07:45 AM.

Comment

I use European 95 octane (RON) and sometimes 98oct, at the moment I use this kind timing map. So I quess I'm quite near

Next step is make new exhaust system and maybe something for fuelsystem

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1 View Post
        Depends on what type of gas you are using. I would start about
        +12 deg BTDC as static timing (idle)and 20-25 deg in the advance unit all in by 2500 RPM Keep an eye on the plugs and listen for it to ping don't go over about 37 deg total with todays crapy gas.
        GS850 calls for 17 deg at idle and 37 deg above 2350 rpm GS 450 should be simillar

Comment

Working...
        X