Carolina Cycle !! Thank you Kim!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carolina Cycle !! Thank you Kim!

Don't know exactly where to stick this post, but I figure where CC is heavily into drag race engine performance, I thought it would be more observed here.

A quick recap, my other "red , non-GS 1100 motorcycle" (Hint, it begins with a "K" ) had recently developed a bad oil burning issue, and a very slight tick in the top end. Upon a top end tear down, what we thought to be simply old weathered valve seals from sitting for the past 16 years, actually turned out to be much worse, I had a siezed exhaust valve to guide that also trashed the head. I asked around as I thought who the heck will be able to fix such a rare engine now 26 years later? Well, to my delightment, I got a PM from Rapidray about a race shop on the east coast called Carolina Cycle: http://www.carolinacycle.net/

I had a great conversation with Kim Barringer the owner, and he knew exactly about my valve guide issue. Seems it was an issue with many '83-84 GPz1100's. So CC remachined my exhaust guides to accept oversize .501" guides, and gave me a fresh valve grind. All this for a VERY reasonable $365 + shipping ! Kim at times can be difficult to get ahold of on the phone, so be persistant if you need him. I'm sure all the drag race guru's all know of CC, but those of you who need GS machine work otherwise, give Kim a call!!!

Rich K.

I'm glad you went to Kim, Rich! He has NEVER done me wrong in all the years I have dealt with him! By the way guys, he's good with SUZUKI stuff too! LOL!!! Ray.

Comment

Thank's again for the tip Ray, I would have had no clue what to do if you hadn't advised me about CC !

Comment

Well I've been super happy with their service for all the parts I've ordered from them. Their prices and shipping are very fair. Good to know they do good service too!

Comment

does anyone know if carolina cycle still does the top end oilers for the old gsx .....they dont seem to have any toys listed on their web site

Comment

Have not had to do any machine work yet, but they are on my "short list" of suppliers when I need parts.
            Right up there with Bike Bandit, Z1, Cycle Re-Cycle and the others. Quite often, they even have the best prices.

sigpic
            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
            Family Portrait
            Siblings and Spouses
            Mom's first ride
            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
            X